01 LB7 Locked pcm

zanderf16

Jun 17, 2023
Duluth MN
My grandpa is having some issues with his 01 LB7 5th gear slips out and keeps throwing po700 po717 and po735, I want to flash it back to stock just to see if that helps because the tune is super old and pretty hot but the pcm is locked. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617-153616.png
    Screenshot_20230617-153616.png
    370 KB · Views: 9

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If are using EfiLive, There should be an option in the V8 software to override the lock and flash over the current tune. I think you have to full flash it and it will pop up a message to permanently erase the current tune and put yours on it

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If you do not have the equipment I would be happy to flash it back to stock for you with my bench harness for a nominal fee or you can take it to the dealer and have them flash it back to stock as well.

Reactions: 2004LB7

zanderf16

Jun 17, 2023
Duluth MN
I don't necessarily need it flash to stock but just a good tow tune would be nice and if it doesn't solve the problem we know the trans needs work

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
So, Zander. Do you have the an Efilive Flashscan to flash the tune yourself? if so I can upload the stock tune. if not, then Brad can help you

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
So, Zander. Do you have the an Efilive Flashscan to flash the tune yourself? if so I can upload the stock tune. if not, then Brad can help you
(dumb) Question: 'back in the day', the only way to lock the LS1/LB7 ECMs was to change the seed/key pair to something custom... Did they change something to keep the factory seed/key pair but still disallow reading?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
(dumb) Question: 'back in the day', the only way to lock the LS1/LB7 ECMs was to change the seed/key pair to something custom... Did they change something to keep the factory seed/key pair but still disallow reading?

They put out an update that can override the lock and flash another tune over the current one. This was in response to many of the tuners leaving the business and people getting stuck. It allowed them to get their tune updated or restored to stock even though they didn't have the password (or seed). It doesn't allow reading. Only flashing over the old tune

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
They put out an update that can override the lock and flash another tune over the current one. This was in response to many of the tuners leaving the business and people getting stuck. It allowed them to get their tune updated or restored to stock even though they didn't have the password (or seed). It doesn't allow reading. Only flashing over the old tune
FWIW, HPT hacked EFI Live code so it can read EFI's custom operating systems. I think Sometimes it can read EFI locked tunes as well, at least on the LS1B PCM.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

They lock tuning from read access. You can lock the controller with a custom key overall but there are overrides for that in terms of flashing.