01/02 Fog Lamp Solution?

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Ok, so I'm planning on getting HIDs for my fogs. But I have a problem, both of my fog lamps still have their lens "Amazing right?:rolleyes:" my fog lamp on the driver side the inside piece has fallen inside the lamp. So I plan on getting another set yet again... But I was wondering if I could do anything to the fog lamps to keep them together, I didnt know if I should add adhesive or glue to the lamps before I put them on, what do u guys think?

Last edited:

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
ive got mine from ebay smoked, $50 for both seem to be doing just fine....maybe silicone around the lens at the top to keep them together

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
I had one lense fall off on me in my driveway while washing my truck. I took both of them off the truck(even the one that didnt come apart) and siliconed the crap out if both of them. To seperate the one good one I had left I used a heat gun and pulled right apart and then sealed them up real nice and hadnt had a problem since with the lenses. Ive never had the inside of them come apart though on me so I dont know what to tell ya with that part, but if you can just pull the ones you have apart and get some good epoxy and glue the one bad one back together and then out some epoxy on the one that hasnt come apart so it doesnt happen and then seal them up and slap some HID's in:angel:

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
who are you'll getting them from on ebay. A curious mule deer knocked both mine off:rofl:

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
well just go on ebay and search for them i have an 04 but im sure they made them for the 01 styles there mint

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I had one lense fall off on me in my driveway while washing my truck. I took both of them off the truck(even the one that didnt come apart) and siliconed the crap out if both of them. To seperate the one good one I had left I used a heat gun and pulled right apart and then sealed them up real nice and hadnt had a problem since with the lenses. Ive never had the inside of them come apart though on me so I dont know what to tell ya with that part, but if you can just pull the ones you have apart and get some good epoxy and glue the one bad one back together and then out some epoxy on the one that hasnt come apart so it doesnt happen and then seal them up and slap some HID's in:angel:

well the one thats broke inside, well its melted inside the lamp now, looks like crap. So thats why I was thinkin about going ahead and gettin a new set. then add silicone then HIDs

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My GMC lamps have the deflector in front of the bulb. (The newer versions dont) Anyway, the deflector popped out and was rolling around in the lamp. I had to heat the rim of the lens to get the OEM seal to let go, then simply popped the lens off. I used engine silicone (the gray stuff like on the valve covers) to cement the deflector back into its hole. That stuff is nasty tough!
I then used simple clear silicone to seal the lens back on.

Havent had an issue since, and that was a few years ago.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't know if they are still available But this is what they look like. Mine only has the out board lights.

Attachments

• piaa.jpg
    piaa.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9