LLY Ficm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Wrapping up some tweaks to the code on the evaluation board this morning. Seems to be tracking all crank signal pulses, injector pulses, and sending those back out at the correct 90deg offset, along with our boost enable triggers spot on. So far on a pilot / main only it's within 1% on a 71us pilot, with a 1400us main, at a mere 10,620Rpms...

Didn't get a chance to test this code on our new boards yet due to a holiday conflict over the weekend. But this version of code today passes my WTFO RPM test.. 😵‍💫

10620Rpm.jpg

RickyDean

May 23, 2024
Jesup, Ga.
Hello Gentlemen, I'm new to these forums, and was searching for infomation as to whether there had been any progress on someone recreating the PCB for the FICM. It seems that you have maybe accomplished that. I have a 2004 Duramax that ran like a champ that I had rebuilt from an accident and had a Georgia rebuild title acquired for it. One day I decided to wash the engine compartment and got water into the module, shorting it out. This has been about 4years ago, and I've been waiting for an affordable resolution. When do you think that these will be available? Thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Hello Gentlemen, I'm new to these forums, and was searching for infomation as to whether there had been any progress on someone recreating the PCB for the FICM. It seems that you have maybe accomplished that. I have a 2004 Duramax that ran like a champ that I had rebuilt from an accident and had a Georgia rebuild title acquired for it. One day I decided to wash the engine compartment and got water into the module, shorting it out. This has been about 4years ago, and I've been waiting for an affordable resolution. When do you think that these will be available? Thanks
Is yours an LB7? If so those modules are still available and at a reasonable price.

If it's an LLY, which an 04 is not, then yeah, those things are crazy expensive. We still have a little more development to do on the board. Code is coming along nicely but still have a few areas like canbus messages that need to be integrated along with protection protocols. Otherwise I'd say we are 75% there.

I don't want to give any timelines or give any false hope that we are almost done. We are still in the alpha testing stage and we still need to do some beta testing in the field with a number of preselected individuals with the right vehicles, test equipment and knowledge to know what they are doing and able to give us the feedback we need. Then there is setting up the retail side where you can contact someone to purchase them. So while the design and development is mostly done. That doesn't mean they will be ready for you soon.

RickyDean

May 23, 2024
Jesup, Ga.
Is yours an LB7? If so those modules are still available and at a reasonable price.

If it's an LLY, which an 04 is not, then yeah, those things are crazy expensive. We still have a little more development to do on the board. Code is coming along nicely but still have a few areas like canbus messages that need to be integrated along with protection protocols. Otherwise I'd say we are 75% there.

I don't want to give any timelines or give any false hope that we are almost done. We are still in the alpha testing stage and we still need to do some beta testing in the field with a number of preselected individuals with the right vehicles, test equipment and knowledge to know what they are doing and able to give us the feedback we need. Then there is setting up the retail side where you can contact someone to purchase them. So while the design and development is mostly done. That doesn't mean they will be ready for you soon.
Mine is defintely a LLY. I can wait, been waiting for 4 years. It is an 04.5, and is a LLY.

Reactions: kidturbo

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Mine is defintely a LLY. I can wait, been waiting for 4 years. It is an 04.5, and is a LLY.
Can have ya one next Tuesday, but unfortunately it won't fix your problem. It will look and smell brand new however.. ☺️

We are closer than yesterday.. Fix two problems, ya find a third. On the code side it's down to some safeties and error detection algos to protect the injectors. Currently this version will run a truck. But if you do an injector kill test, we need to make certain it doesn't start firing backwards or something. Believe me, I've seen some weird bugs lately..

Like this test of switching between a 3 pulse pattern and a 2 pulse pattern. It continued sending 3 pulses, while only receiving 2 on the input lines.. Neat trick, but I'm not sure we're ready to have it doing autonomous fueling calculations yet.. 😁

2pulseIN-3pluseOUT.jpg

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
@2004LB7 Just looks like some footage from the late 90s lol
The colors, resolution and grain. Don't know just thought it was funny.
It's from a OnePlus. They do some weird stuff with their cameras. I'm using open camera app to try and overcome the issues but it still has a few quirks. I could probably tweak the settings to look more like today's stuff but I don't do videos enough to care. The original app had so much processing going on it looked like a painting when you zoomed in

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Made some good progress. Runs much better now even with two bad injector solenoids

Source: https://youtu.be/_dzGGEIvdu8

Still needs a little work on containing the back EMF when the solenoid turns off. The mosfets I have on this board can take it, But some diodes across the solenoid lines on the board would take the load off them and make it more reliable
Source: https://youtu.be/bClZWUZB7Vs

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Thanks. Was able to drive it around the block a few times. So much better then previous builds and testing. I think we have most of it figured out on what we need to do to make a good running FICM. Now we just need to add protection algorithms, CANBUS communication and program the USB for updates. Then we can look into bata testers.

So I think we've reached the top of the hill and are coming down the other side

RickyDean

May 23, 2024
Jesup, Ga.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
So it turns out you have 2 bad injector solenoids?
That wasn't the issue. I created it when messing around trying to figure out the issues. We had a mismatch in input vs output. Took a lot of hair pulling to figure it out and even more hair loss to find the correct pattern.

My test board that has the switches to swap around inputs on the fly locked up and stuck some injectors on. Only takes a few seconds like that to burn one up.

But have no fear, I have a handful of injectors on my bench setup that I can rob 😁

Reactions: RickyDean