Drag Racing 101, Please teach me

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
U guys got me wanting to go to the track now im a total newb and this is really giving me the confidence and know how to do it cause nobody wants to look like total retard anywhere. Huge thanks to everyone putting info on here.i mights just get brave soon.:woott::driving::

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
70 degrees in December at 9am... If the track was open today I'd make the 100 mile drive and make a pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
What is winter time? Track is still open but been working on the Camaro. Nova is still facing the corner on time out, but all good.

Just a little far to travel to do some testing. I may hit vegas after I get the truck put back together. Don't want Texas to the first race I go to without making some passes.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Verlon is a good racer has won many events and knows what he is talking about. But his perfect light in Billings was because he was pushing through the brakes, not his excellent timing. About impossible to cut a perfect light on a 0.4 protree. That's why I laugh when I hear about the BD $1000 pay out for cutting a perfect light and run the 11.90 index number on the money. It ain't ever going to happen, hell they could offer a $1,000,000.00 and the money would be safe. If by chance it did happen it would be in the time trials. If you watch the races much you see the times all over the board as the guys are getting their trucks dialed in. During the actual race if by chance you would cut a perfect light, you would be so far ahead of the guy in the other lane chances are you would be on be brakes on the other end to avoid breaking out.

As for pulling out your passenger side head light, and folding in your mirrors. Pretty much a waste of time. I really doubt you are gaining a thing by doing it. Strictly for looking cool, (or how you perceive being cool). Same with burnouts, unless you are using actual racing slicks heating up street tires only makes them slicker. If you are worried about rocks or dirt, have a buddy wipe off your tires before you pull up to the line.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I cut a .010 reaction time once but it's because the truck was creeping during staging, just happend to not red light lol. My new clutch doesn't have the creeping problem.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
For a cool million, I would try every single time Ken.:hug:

Says the guy who always buys a $100 worth of raffle tickets. How's that working for you Verlon? I always buy $10 worth of the 50/50 raffle they have at the local track, I actually won it three times this year. It is usually around $200. I think they try to pick my ticket because I always tell them to keep the money. :D;)

BTW my best reaction time on a .4 protree with White Out was .006. Until Verlon caught that perfect light I think that was the closest to a perfect light at any NHRDA event to that time. My foot slipped. :D