lowered truck pics

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I should be getting my wheels in any day now, they're 20x10 -12 offset and 5.0" bs, I know I'll have to do some trimming but was wondering if I could make them fit with 3" drop shackles and lowered stock keys, or could I even go 3" shackles with OL removed and stock keys lowered to match? I'd like to remove the OLs but don't know if I can get the front that low..I want it level or slightly lower in the front if possible (say 1/2")

I ran the same wheel your asking about size wise, bolts out in front, 3" shackle and overload out. 285/55/20 tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did you rub at all? I already bought 305/50s

Very little after I trimmed everything. I think 305/50s are the same height as mine were.

There's pictures in this thread of my truck. I don't have any on this phone

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
^Love the looks of the nobs wheels on ur truck. Ever thought a bought trying the 20s out? Bet they'd look good!

Thanks, They are actually the GMC LMM wheels not the Chevy ones. I put custom vinyl bowtie decals over the GMC logos.

I can't find a set of the LML 20's for a decent price but ive been looking for a while.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I want originals, they are polished not chrome :D I plan to do something really custom to them and can't have them chromed. Plus the last set of lml wheels I saw local to me were only 600. 900something is a little much

Ahhhhh I see now

There are a bunch on eBay though!

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
my truck is still on jackstands, getting my steering parts put back on, still need to cut and weld my stock diff crossmember back in place. Just wanted to let people know what measurements I found out..in the rear of the truck, my stock measurement from center of axle to fender was 24.5" now with 3" shackles and overloads removed it is 21.5" I can already tell that I'm going to want at leat a 2/4 drop when my truck is done lol..when that time comes ill just do djm LCAs and 2" rear hangers. Just going to run this for a while and see how I like it..

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Right on man, converting the lifted guys one at a time. Only the smart ones realize lowered is better :D

Not much to compare since I only have a 265/70/17 but my when center to ground is 15" and center of fender lip to ground is 35" all around.

I did shackles, no overloads, spring hangers, and 3" keys but wish I would have done the djm arms.

And now I want to ditch the drop hangers because apparently you can't run caltracs with drop hangers and I want to switch out my 60" traction bars for caltracs.

Also what was your wheel offset again? How much more room do you have.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Need some of these 1-1/2" front and rear (not helwig) bars to make the corners a lot faster, once you have a set on your truck you wonder how you lived without rounding corners at 80mph on the freeway marked 50mph and no white knuckle. Lowering 3 inches will change it some more...
-
mujtpc.jpg

-
-
2il1ppu.jpg

-
-
-

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Need some of these 1-1/2" front and rear (not helwig) bars to make the corners a lot faster, once you have a set on your truck you wonder how you lived without rounding corners at 80mph on the freeway marked 50mph and no white knuckle. Lowering 3 inches will change it some more...

What brand are they and where did you get them.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Right on man, converting the lifted guys one at a time. Only the smart ones realize lowered is better :D

Not much to compare since I only have a 265/70/17 but my when center to ground is 15" and center of fender lip to ground is 35" all around.

I did shackles, no overloads, spring hangers, and 3" keys but wish I would have done the djm arms.

And now I want to ditch the drop hangers because apparently you can't run caltracs with drop hangers and I want to switch out my 60" traction bars for caltracs.

Also what was your wheel offset again? How much more room do you have.

If you wanna sell any parts just let me know!! I have Cognito front/rear sway bars but took them off, makes the truck ride rough..I don't have my truck on the ground yet, my buddy had to order some rim protectors for his tire machine and I need to weld the stock diff crossmember back in. Rims are 20x10 -12mm 5.0bs

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
-
mujtpc.jpg

-
-
2il1ppu.jpg

-
-
-
My Cognito rear is over the frame so wouldn't interfeer with bags or diff covers etc

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Thanks!
What would you go to? How low can you go with keys before it starts messing with the geometry? I saw that djm has three different arms and don't really know how low I'd be able to go

I can't get caster/camber back in spec with just keys alone. I'll eventually go with the djm arms. For the rear I'm not sure I want to stay as low as I am now its a true 3/5. I guess it will depend on what the 20's will look like when I get them