My build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Def need to figure out the suspension. Maybe ditch those long trac bars for something else and get some limiting straps up front. That launch we did was rough even.... though it was cold as hell out. The front needs to be tamed, or maybe I just need to mod the seat so it goes further forward :rofl:

I have limit Straps in the truck we never got them put on last year. Need smaller wheels less offset and yes I agree need Caltracs instead of long bars. She needs some suspension work maybe you can help me with when we get it back. And yes my short ass can't reach the brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I have limit Straps in the truck we never got them put on last year. Need smaller wheels less offset and yes I agree need Caltracs instead of long bars. She needs some suspension work maybe you can help me with when we get it back. And yes my short ass can't reach the brake

lol Just rock the PYOs on drag radials. The reg cab is going to the frame shop later this week since something got tweaked and couldn't get an alignment to stay straight down the road. He would be able to tell you if something is off with the frame and could pull on it if need be. The guy is ruthless and meticulous with frame work, he did the short bed conversion for me and said it was a piece of cake.

Also have Wherli make you a booster seat, new product. :woott:

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
lol Just rock the PYOs on drag radials. The reg cab is going to the frame shop later this week since something got tweaked and couldn't get an alignment to stay straight down the road. He would be able to tell you if something is off with the frame and could pull on it if need be. The guy is ruthless and meticulous with frame work, he did the short bed conversion for me and said it was a piece of cake.

Also have Wherli make you a booster seat, new product. :woott:

Let's make it happen also need your help fixing my drivers door lol. I'll consider keeping it if I can get your help this spring.
Project booster seat underway! Maybe raise my bumper lol

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Haha Booster seat...

Keep it Katie. I was done and now want back in. The only reason I'm not getting back into the diesel game right now is because I am going to Japan. Can't take a vehicle where I'm going.

But on the plus side.... They do have R32 GTR's over there for about $7k. :D

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Take it apart and Mail it home in seabags!!!!!
Haha Booster seat...

Keep it Katie. I was done and now want back in. The only reason I'm not getting back into the diesel game right now is because I am going to Japan. Can't take a vehicle where I'm going.

But on the plus side.... They do have R32 GTR's over there for about $7k. :D

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Take it apart and Mail it home in seabags!!!!!

No need as long as it is 25 years old. Then it can be legally imported and the NHSTA rules don't apply.

straight from their website - A motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old can be lawfully imported into the U.S. without regard to whether it complies with all applicable FMVSS.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for a R34. They started those in 1998/99.

Even found a twin turbo RX7 for $4k. Might just have a couple play toys. haha

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Adapt in the Suburban adjustable pedal setup.

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC

Offset plays a big part with the IFS. Even with my lowered LBZ with straight centerlink and sleeves, 20x8.5 wheels with +10 offset it still would toe a little bit. I believe it was part of the fact the idler and pitman arm connections to the centerlink where rotating. If I would of got braces or spent the money for the kryptonite front end, it would have helped/solved it. Maybe I'm extremely picky?

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I do need some recommendations for wheels for some drag radials

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Let's make it happen also need your help fixing my drivers door lol. I'll consider keeping it if I can get your help this spring.
Project booster seat underway! Maybe raise my bumper lol

limit straps or adjustable shocks to slow rebound up front, cal tracks with adjustable rear shocks to slow compression, 0 or positive back spaced wheels (higher number backspaced wheels, the better), good tires, and strong steering

wide wheels on negative off set will amplify any little play you may have in the steering setup. not to mention, your control arm bushings will deform on launch and allow some toe in of the tires as well, again amplified by wide wheels with negative off set. they just dont help launching a truck with good power.

what you really need is someone videoing your launch so you can see exactly how the whole truck is reacting so you can make adjustments. seat of the pants feel is VERY hard to get right.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Do you know if the torsions are dropped completely?

My buddy has your trucks twin and it launches smooth. Runs 33-13.50-18 Mtz on 18x10 -18.. But we haven't had it on a track yet so that might make a diff. He is just running sleeves and dirty hooker brace. He has straight center link and hated it, drove like . We think for his application the dhd brace works better. His truck sets almost level with over load pulled out and stock shackles.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Do you know if the torsions are dropped completely?

My buddy has your trucks twin and it launches smooth. Runs 33-13.50-18 Mtz on 18x10 -18.. But we haven't had it on a track yet so that might make a diff. He is just running sleeves and dirty hooker brace. He has straight center link and hated it, drove like . We think for his application the dhd brace works better. His truck sets almost level with over load pulled out and stock shackles.

Yup dropped all the way. It launches much smoother on drag radials. Gonna change up front end parts for next year hoping that will help.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yup dropped all the way. It launches much smoother on drag radials. Gonna change up front end parts for next year hoping that will help.

Good deal! If your ever down around Missouri let us know. I'd like to see it in person.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Good deal! If your ever down around Missouri let us know. I'd like to see it in person.

For sure! I'd like to make some events with it this year. I'm hoping TS this year with it.
I'm excited to get it back from Jason. Can't compete without a cage tho might do a bolt in later this spring/early summer depending on price.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
For sure! I'd like to make some events with it this year. I'm hoping TS this year with it.
I'm excited to get it back from Jason. Can't compete without a cage tho might do a bolt in later this spring/early summer depending on price.

8eab446b7e241ebed944d0056df02112.jpg

Budget cage

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If you end up deciding on pyo for drag radials and can't find any let me know. I've got a set I might part with. Or if you want a set to try out. They are just sitting here collecting dust until I build a truck to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.