Just rebuilt the tranny

RolltheCoal

Aug 31, 2006
I just put a stage 4 ATS tranny upgrade in my allison.... Before i did this 3rd gear was going... Now that i did the upgrade i still feel 3 isn't as strong.... is the computer still learning??? NO fast learning program for me yet... Soon though... THanks any input would be good....

THanks!!!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I just put a stage 4 ATS tranny upgrade in my allison.... Before i did this 3rd gear was going... Now that i did the upgrade i still feel 3 isn't as strong.... is the computer still learning??? NO fast learning program for me yet... Soon though... THanks any input would be good....

THanks!!!

Do you have the copilot on it? If not, put one in.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
i think mike is pushing the copilot on ats trans beacuse the ats trans dont push as much line pressure as the suncoast so technically the ats with no copilot is not as strong as a stock suncoast, maybe the explantion why his 3rd is feeling weak

04llygmc

Jan 10, 2007
Argos, Indiana
Just had my trans built yesterday and can tell you that your shifts will feel completely different with a co-pilot. Turned mine off for a bit playing around shifts were good but, so much difference with co-pilot on. Jmo though.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Do you guys leave your co-pilot on all the time then? I usually leave mine off until I'm ready to get serious and then turn it on. This could be why I've been through a couple trannys...........

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
Forestdale. Brisbane.Australia
My Stage 4 Kit was from PPE. The Converter was obviously ATS as it was packed in their box. As for the rest of the parts apart from Transgo, wasn't anything indicating where they are from. I assume ATS? Dan? If so maybe I need CoPilot too?

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
ATS = Again To the Shop.

:D

I dont think so buddy.....My cousin and i both have The "Crank It Up" special and they are holding great..... Yes i leave my copilot OFF for normal driving and then when im gettin serious hit the ATS button to turn it on...when its on its in Race Mode

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
What all is involved in the co-pilot install on a SCV?? Do I have to pull the trans? Or just drop the pan?

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
It seems like 1300 for the co pilot is an awful lot for a few tenths of a second. I would like to fix the 4-5 shift, where it falls on its face and shifts at a low rpm

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
:D

I dont think so buddy.....My cousin and i both have The "Crank It Up" special and they are holding great..... Yes i leave my copilot OFF for normal driving and then when im gettin serious hit the ATS button to turn it on...when its on its in Race Mode

give it time,once you make "real" power, it will give up the ghost :D