Pay rent or buy a gun?

Andrew

Costly Obsessions
Aug 7, 2013
delaware
Well with me the first 2 don't get along most of the time lol so I enjoy the 3rd an 4th till the first 2 work things out :spit:

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
For tactical purposes, the Mossberg is not as good IMO & the key reason is that the location of the safety requires excess movement of the trigger hand that can compromise the shooter. The safety being on/by the trigger guard on the 870 is far better than on top of the receiver by the thumb on the 500.

If you are entering a building in a dynamic entry why is your safety on post/during though? All of our warrant task force guys and swat guys have 870s but the safety is off before the door is even breached. However I agree with you. I prefer a trigger guard safety...i have sissy hands hahahaha

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
:hello:so I checked out the Taurus Judge .45/410 revolver in person, again, lol

I thought the "defender" was completely different offering from Ruger but it's not. It's made by Taurus and is the same as the Taurus Judge model, it just comes with a different grip that have a crimson trace laser sight built into them, it's actually a crimson trace grip that Taurus uses.

so I guess Taurus has the only .45/410 out there after all ;)

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Here's a teaser:

sbj0qq.jpg

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
So I was at Fred Myers (Kroger) tonight and saw that there is another manufacturer making a .45acp/410 revolver. Smith & Weeson makes the "Governer" model it's about $200 more than the Taurus Judge. The S&W has got a nicer finish and better grips, which is pretty important when you consider the frame size and the cartridge your firing!

zsoo42.jpg

Then there's this lil dandy

2rwqads.jpg

Here's a better perspective...

28gv0x5.jpg

You can laugh, I do when I see it, but I know if nothing else it'd still hurt like a beotch, it would fit in the utility/lighter pocket in your Levi's and could definitely be lethal:angel:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Just picked up a Springfield XDM 4.5" barrel in .40 S&W. Should be nice for CC. Itching to go shoot it but work keeps me at bay.:mad:

Nice :thumb:
The XDM is a great model, I had a .45 and a 9mm in a 5" then I consigned them and got the Sig Scorpion 4.5 which I love, but I did really like my Springfield XDM's
I especially liked how easy it was to field strip and clean:D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
OK
Now that's bad ass
That's a sweet R1 too

I haven't taken the time (yet, I do want to) to get cleared to own a silencer, and I'm not willing to loose my privileges and freedom by having one. The penalties are steep here in Wa state

Very cool though Mike, very cool

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Then there's this lil dandy

2rwqads.jpg

Here's a better perspective...

28gv0x5.jpg

You can laugh, I do when I see it, but I know if nothing else it'd still hurt like a beotch, it would fit in the utility/lighter pocket in your Levi's and could definitely be lethal:angel:[/QUOTE]

I've carried one in 22lr for 10 years. Thank god I've never had to use it but if I do I can assure you it is by no means a joke. They are actually decently accurate at less than 10 feet, but I call it a punch gun. Attacker thinks they are getting punched...

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
OK
Now that's bad ass
That's a sweet R1 too

I haven't taken the time (yet, I do want to) to get cleared to own a silencer, and I'm not willing to loose my privileges and freedom by having one. The penalties are steep here in Wa state

Very cool though Mike, very cool

If you can legally buy a gun, you can legally own a suppressor. Washington allows private ownership of suppressors. Buy the suppressor, pay $200 for the tax stamp, wait a year and a half for the ATF to do whatever it is they do and there you go. I'm not sure what you mean by "loose your privileges and freedom by having one". If the ATF wants to come into your house regardless if you have a suppressor....they will find a way in.

If your talking about obtaining a suppressor illegally then yes, if you get caught with it, your going to prison for a long time.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I kinda have a desire to own a Chiappa Rhino 4" or 6". Just a cool concept for a wheel gun. Aesthetics are def different but genius design. Anyone have one or shot one?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Suppressed 1911 oozes class and sophistication. Great for sneaking into Nazi compounds, quietly offing Zombies, and when carried under a tuxedo, makes you a badass. Style points for you!

The rumor of giving up your 4th amendment rights by legally obtaining an NFA item is simply false. Suppressors are great fun and totally worth the wait which I believe is at close to 11 months for suppressors lately. The ATF is backed up. If you break NFA law you go to federal pound me in the ass prison for a LOOONG time and lose your right to ever own firearms again. So definitely pay the $200 and wait. :)

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, I was talking about the $200 fee and the wait, to get "registered as owning it and cleared to do so"
For some reason, I thought the laws were federal laws adopted by the state which had the right to make the law more stringent?

And yes, if you don't pay and wait, and decide to illegally own one and somehow get caught, you loose your rights to EVER own a firearm and spend (IIRC) up to 20yrs in federal prison, and I don't know what fines, 500k rings a bell

I've just not taken the time to pay the fee, yet. And I have absolutely no intention of side stepping the system. It's not that cool and it's just not worth it.

I see suppressors all the time tho, in the local shops, never seen anyone with one, just Mike, so Mike, you're a bad ass :hug:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yeah, I was talking about the $200 fee and the wait, to get "registered as owning it and cleared to do so"
For some reason, I thought the laws were federal laws adopted by the state which had the right to make the law more stringent?

And yes, if you don't pay and wait, and decide to illegally own one and somehow get caught, you loose your rights to EVER own a firearm and spend (IIRC) up to 20yrs in federal prison, and I don't know what fines, 500k rings a bell

I've just not taken the time to pay the fee, yet. And I have absolutely no intention of side stepping the system. It's not that cool and it's just not worth it.

I see suppressors all the time tho, in the local shops, never seen anyone with one, just Mike, so Mike, you're a bad ass :hug:

You have to pay the $200 tax stamp on every single NFA item you buy. Unfortunately it's not a 1 time thing. I bought my suppressor three weeks before sandy hook and got my paper work all submitted 3 days before sandy hook happened so I beat the "rush". I was almost 9 months to the day until I got to take my suppressor home. It's a crappy wait but it is awesome once you get it.

No hearing protection required:D just a nice clean snap.