Pay rent or buy a gun?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
My next purchase for sure. Already have a regular ak....but not a pistol ak.

image2_zps92675dac.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I'm diggin that comforter cover Henry:D

You guys are makin me jealous with your firearm collection
:thumb:

Mike, I'm super jealous that you don't have to wear hearing pro, I'd like to experience that near silent snap you're talkin about. Is there a rounds fired limit for a suppressor? Do they wear faster than the barrel? And are you more accurate with the suppressor? Just curious...

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

Mike, I'm super jealous that you don't have to wear hearing pro, I'd like to experience that near silent snap you're talkin about. Is there a rounds fired limit for a suppressor? Do they wear faster than the barrel? And are you more accurate with the suppressor? Just curious...

LoL wife picked comforter out makes a good gun mat.
The gun shop I go to down around the corner tried selling me a suppressor when I was looking at there custom ones they make in house. It seems Mo is a very laid back state when buying firearms and stuff. Heck if I bought these hand guns back in Md it would of been 7 days for 1 gun and a 30 day wait to buy the other. I was allowed to buy both the same day and I could of got the AK I was looking at even. I love living in the Midwest more and more every day.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah

Some people say the accuracy with a suppressor is less than without a suppressor. My experience has been the opposite. My 1911 is dead on with suppressor and without. Deadly accurate. After so long the suppressor can wear out if you don't clean it. The baffles get eaten alive but cleaning it like reccomend will greatly increase the life. I cheaped out on my suppressor and mine technically isn't "servicable" but YHM reccomends a cleaning solvent bath every 500 rounds or so. Basically either soak the suppressor in wd40 or automatic trans fluid...I've been reading online and guys seem to like a mix of the 2. But the suppressor itself should be good for thousands and thousands of rounds. One thing to watch for is making sure it always stays tightly threaded on the barrel or else you will get baffle strikes (bullet hits baffle/s) and blows them apart....already happened to me because I was impatient and wanted to shoot it so bad for the 1st time. It came loose and my last shot turned the inside of the suppressor to dust. Luckily YHM has a lifetime warranty so I sent it back and got it repaired free of charge. I keep a dedicated wrench in the box at all times now and since have never had an issue.

It's not near as quiet as the movies make them to be. You shoot it in a house full of people and someone will still hear it. They might not immediately recognize the sound but it still has a pop to it just not near as loud. Neighbors deffinately won't hear it tho:D

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
LoL wife picked comforter out makes a good gun mat.
The gun shop I go to down around the corner tried selling me a suppressor when I was looking at there custom ones they make in house. It seems Mo is a very laid back state when buying firearms and stuff. Heck if I bought these hand guns back in Md it would of been 7 days for 1 gun and a 30 day wait to buy the other. I was allowed to buy both the same day and I could of got the AK I was looking at even. I love living in the Midwest more and more every day.

Utah is the best! You could buy 20 guns at the same time if you want. Silencerco is one of the best manufacturers of suppressors and they are located just down the street from my house. I would buy another suppressor for my Walther p22 but II'm too impatient to wait again. That 9 months killed me the first time.

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
Nice :thumb:
The XDM is a great model, I had a .45 and a 9mm in a 5" then I consigned them and got the Sig Scorpion 4.5 which I love, but I did really like my Springfield XDM's
I especially liked how easy it was to field strip and clean:D

Cant complain about ease of cleaning. I needed something that can ambi since im a left shooter. Finding a holster is a challenge but finally came a across the crossbreed, so ill be ordering one of those in time. Eventually i want to get a 3.8in in 9mm for the wife but shes more concerned with looks than performance. (She wants it Pink). So might just end up getting her a pink mosquito if i can find one in the near future.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Cant complain about ease of cleaning. I needed something that can ambi since im a left shooter. Finding a holster is a challenge but finally came a across the crossbreed, so ill be ordering one of those in time. Eventually i want to get a 3.8in in 9mm for the wife but shes more concerned with looks than performance. (She wants it Pink). So might just end up getting her a pink mosquito if i can find one in the near future.

I used a crossbreed for my XDM's and really liked them

You can get the Barretta Nano in 9mm in pink for your wife, seen em

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
My truck tools. P30V3 9mm, S&W 1st response knife, and a brand spanking new 590A1 with 1970s police wood furniture and a 1917 strap. My "modern day trench gun".

uqujy9up.jpg

u7usy9et.jpg

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
its a 22 WMR ;) and yes i have plenty and can get plenty :thumb:

Yea seriously! Share hahaha when i lived in MD there was none, and now CO has none hahaha

For holsters i use a DeSantis canted leather holster (OWB) with a thumb break when I am wearing bulky winter stuff. To be more discreet I use an Uncle Mikes or DeSantis IWB holster with no retention. For "tactical" classes and such I use a Serpa. If the light is attached it is a Safariland Level 2. I want a custom kydex to be able to CCW with my tac light. That would be badass.

Last edited:

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I can carry this easily because of my belly. This is the one time being fat helps hahaha. The p30 is only SLIGHTLY larger than a Glock 19/23 and it is in the grip length. Damn is she comfy. Open carry is a joy with this. Third picture is a custom Michael Cole Hi Power holster. He is at every Loveland CO gun show and I HIGHLY recommend his holsters. Lifetime warranty and custom made!

7yrepybe.jpg

a8a6e7ez.jpg

nety6use.jpg

yda7e3u7.jpg

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I use this Galco Hybrid IWB
It's alright, it's not adjustable like the crossbreed so it's not as comfy as the crossbreed was but works well

25k0x7m.jpg

2pyyo1g.jpg

j832b5.jpg

2zhir9t.jpg