HSP Stock Battery Location Twin Kit

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
I've ran with two batts under the hood for a couple years now. No issues with heat. My batt is rotated 90* but still in the stock location.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
Do you ever fab up kits like this but use a gt4202r turbo instead of a s475?
I have wondered this as well and just curious if you could also use the Tial SS vband housing in a kit or if the price would be worth the possible gains? I know a lot of tuner and LS cars use them regularly, just know I haven't seen it in diesel applications before.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
In your regular kits where the battery has to be relocated do you include the tray or is that something I'd have to purchase separately? Any reason why a S480 couldn't be swapped for a S475 in this kit that keeps the battery in factory location?

An S480 could be used as well! In the standard kit we do not include the battery tray, but we can get those for around $50.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Interesting setup.

Why dont you just use the van battery box to relocate the 2nd batt like most everyone else does?

The standard setup utilizes relocating the battery. A lot of guys do not want to relocate their battery or live in areas where they don't want it exposed to the elements that much. This option looks fairly factory and looks much better than having the battery hanging off the frame!

We have not had any issues with heat so far! A local truck has been driving around all winter with no problems, a few weeks without the turbo blanket even. These kits do include the blanket to help with the heat.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I really like the way these kits look, think this is the route I'd go if/when a compound kit finds it's way under my hood.

DURAJETLLY

Jan 22, 2013
Hadley, Michigan
That is a gorgeous twin kit. Your guys' work is always so "neat" unlike some setups i've seen. You can definitely tell you guys strive for quality products.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
That colour is sweet! Definitely gonna be buying this kit and pairing it up with a danville 68. You do amazing work.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I'm ordering my set from ATP tomorrow, cant wait!

ATP has an awesome deal on it right now too. I bought my hsp twin kit back in November when they had the 10% off deal.

To bad the kits still sitting in the box in my room until I finish my motor build.

2001-GMC-LB7

01GMCDMAX
Jul 27, 2010
NWNJ
Looks Awesome!

Here's another kit installed on an LB7!

What turbo(s) would work with this setup that sits in the stock location?
I changed mine to a BD MAX S300, will that work or do I need to go back to stock to put this kit on my 2001 GMC?
Will it work on a 2001 GMC as the AC lines are run different?
How does it connect to the existing turbo intlet? Band clamp? Boot?
Also my turbo outlet is 3" Band clamp not the stock setup with a bolted on down pipe.
How does the interconnect exhaust pipe connect to the existing turbo?
Sorry for all the ???
But would really want to get this and need to know if it will work...

Love the Blue, Would look great under my hood...:thumb:

Thank You...