HSP Stock Battery Location Twin Kit

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
We had time to mock this up the other day and snap a few pictures! It will allow factory battery and fuel filter location for the LB7-LBZ. LMM will be available very soon!

These kits will come standard with a Turbo Blanket and Low Coolant sensor. Retail will be about $175 more than our other kits!

rickaveryjr

Nov 29, 2012
CT
Is the coolant tank the only difference? Just installed one of your kits and am very interested since it's currently 10F in CT. Haven't done anything with my 2nd battery yet.

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I know this might be a stupid question but whats different in a kit like this that keeps the battery and everything in place than a kit that doesn't? Is all the piping just shorter across in a sense or what?

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Very nice as always:thumb: I really like how the piping in your kits are symmetrical, everything looks like its supposed to be where it is. If that makes sense lol

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What size down pipe? Does the fender liner require modification?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Is the coolant tank the only difference? Just installed one of your kits and am very interested since it's currently 10F in CT. Haven't done anything with my 2nd battery yet.

That is correct! We are also working on a few battery box designs for the frame rail as well. This style will just make install a little easier for some.

I know this might be a stupid question but whats different in a kit like this that keeps the battery and everything in place than a kit that doesn't? Is all the piping just shorter across in a sense or what?

Yes a few tubes may have to be modified but the biggest difference in our kit will be the coolant tank.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Do you ever fab up kits like this but use a gt4202r turbo instead of a s475?

We have not, but it could be done! We are using Garrett chargers in a few bigger kits right now though! :thumb:

Thanks for the good words everyone!

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
In your regular kits where the battery has to be relocated do you include the tray or is that something I'd have to purchase separately? Any reason why a S480 couldn't be swapped for a S475 in this kit that keeps the battery in factory location?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Interesting setup.

Why dont you just use the van battery box to relocate the 2nd batt like most everyone else does?