Attachments

• Piston copy.jpg
    Piston copy.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
are those Arias pistons on the right also? Good copy job if so, too bad you didn't patent the bowl design.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
It is a poor copy. Missed some very important details.

My design is not patented. What they have done in the picture would have been hard to call infringement anyway.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Why would I?

The cost of filing is fairly small, but to do it right, you need a patent attorney.

Super small market. In 3 years, I've only made enough money to make payments on the machine that makes them.

The "copy" in the picture would not stand as a patent infringement. But taking them to court would cost me plenty. And for what?

Lastly, I've been down this road before. In this case, the oval cut in the top of a piston is NOT new. The application appears to be, but I am not willing to cough up the math that makes it work to justify the application to the patent office.

In short, I'm flattered. Now if they would just get it right.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Happens to everyone in this game. Well it has been for years that I recall. As he stated the small market and costs to protect your product exceeds the return. I'm surprised it took this long the only thing that sucks is it's a well know company with a well known name in pistons. Hopefully they wont have failures do to not being "right" as reported ,then it could become a bad tarnish for Fingers that would suck!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
LMAO, what a joke! It's a poor wannabe copy at best. Some people will do anything to try and get a piece of someone else's business. I will only use the Finger's pistons, period!:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks for the support.

No failures to date.

I will say this, we have already pushed the cast finger's pistons past what the ARP 230-4201 Headstuds will hold! That speaks volumes to me!:thumb: Next is to see if they can out do the ARP 625+ studs with fire rings and well over 100psi boost... Time will definitely tell and we will keep you posted!:D

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I will say this, we have already pushed the cast finger's pistons past what the ARP 230-4201 Headstuds will hold! That speaks volumes to me!:thumb: Next is to see if they can out do the ARP 625+ studs with fire rings and well over 100psi boost... Time will definitely tell and we will keep you posted!:D

Mark where these pistons used in the 1765hp build and 2450trq? If so I am impressed

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Hopefully they wont have failures do to not being "right" as reported ,then it could become a bad tarnish for Fingers that would suck!
Dingaling-aling! Winner!
That very thing cost our company untold millions in lost machine sales and credibility issues over several years because of a poor copy that failed miserably.