Overkill vs Misery (video)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Too bad the guy who built the setup past away... "D"ipshit has absolutely no idea how to dial it in and neither does his followers lol

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Oh so it's not his truck though? The 19 yr olds?

Misery is a FUEL ONLY truck built by Brian Vilaubi, a former employee of ATS diesel. It is tuned by Rob @ ATP. Pretty impressive to me to keep up with Overkill on fuel. Jeremiah Montgomerey is the owner, he lives in Pampa Tx. Sadly I believe the truck is in Denver right now @ Diesel Day Dreams (Wade Boyds shop) getting a nitrous kit installed.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Is maxed out running nitrous?

Maxed out I believe is still fuel only and it's best is 9:36 I think
Overkill is spraying like crazy and has a best of 9.50. On a side note it would be interesting to see Overkill with Steve's tunes.......paid for in full:roflmao:

I do think its cool though that Overkill is getting it done with an Alli!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Overkill is spraying like crazy and has a best of 9.50. On a side note it would be interesting to see Overkill with Steve's tunes.......paid for in full:roflmao:

I would be interested in seeing overkill with anyone's tunes but his lol.

Side story that I heard, so one of industrials trucks was running starlite diesel tuning, then swapped to Dimitri's tuning and the motor blew up after that, then they build a new motor and the owner asked Dimitri to take his tunes out and unlock the ECM. Dimitri said no, so now he is stuck running Dimitri's tunes, he couldn't get his turbos spooled up one bit at NADM the last weekend and ended up blowing something on a freshly built motor with 20k on the odometer.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

Yes that's cool too, Chavis also is running an Alli as well, but I was talking with Dimitri and he said he only gets a few passes out of it lol

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I would be interested in seeing overkill with anyone's tunes but his lol.

Side story that I heard, so one of industrials trucks was running starlite diesel tuning, then swapped to Dimitri's tuning and the motor blew up after that, then they build a new motor and the owner asked Dimitri to take his tunes out and unlock the ECM. Dimitri said no, so now he is stuck running Dimitri's tunes, he couldn't get his turbos spooled up one bit at NADM the last weekend and ended up blowing something on a freshly built motor with 20k on the odometer.

Try to take stories you hear at face value. That motor could have blown up for a number of reasons. Higher power = less life. Stuff dont last forever at high power levels.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Very impressive, is overkill faster than maxed out?

Yes he is faster!.....however maxd out is still quicker.

Mph is faster and more hp .....et or quicker is a better racer ( better 60' utlized power so to speak)

Both racers in that race did well...different tuning? Both nice trucks!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Try to take stories you hear at face value. That motor could have blown up for a number of reasons. Higher power = less life. Stuff dont last forever at high power levels.

It was a story from the owners mouth... He was using a lot of spray too... I was mostly saying that Dimitri wouldn't unlock his ecm