Tapshifter

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Ben, Mark and I hooked the tapshifter up and had some issues. The display on the dash when in park, actually read to be in reverse. Neutral read correct but when you went to drive, it actually read in 1st, 2nd and 3rd read correct. We checked all connects, ground, 12v source and pins 5-8 and it all was installed per your new installation instructions. I need to know where we need to go from here. Thanks

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Does anyone know what pins 5-8 functions are? It appears that 2 wires are backwards, and that's why we are getting the R in Park and the 1st in Drive. Any help would be awesome.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
The issue was the wiring was backwards on two of the plugs going to TCM, it was an older style tapshifter that didn't have the update software.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I finally got around to hooking up my tap-shifter/lock-up box combo and am having the same problem listed above. Does anyone know what 2 wires need to be swapped? thank's

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hey Zak- Sorry I missed your calls, the BLUE and BROWN wires get swapped to fix the issue. So basically just flip-flop those two wires and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any other problems.

thanks
Ben