1/4 mile discussion and time slips post here!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Well, we did it today! Took a couple tries to get down the track but third time was the charm and Brett went a new personal best across the board with the 69C10!!! This makes it the quickest DMax door car/truck on the planet and he let off early!!! It is still 3800lbs and rocking a solid filled factory cast iron block with the Precision ProMod102 turbo and 4kits on a progressive controller. This truck has 6's in it as it was defueling itself because it was against the egt limiter and caused it to drift hard to the left so he left off around 1000ft and rolled to this personal best! So proud to be a small part of Brett's team and get to help make this stuff happen!!!

Brett 7.28.jpg

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Thanks guys!! This thing is like pushing a brick wall down the track. Mark is trying to talk me into seeing if I can get a 6.99 out of it. I’m just not too sure I want to go any faster with this thing. Lol

Here is a video a guy made of the run

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWd5sjvaFds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, so badass. Happy for you and your team!!! Put it in the 6’s!! And over 188, tired of that other guy.

Let’s talk about the pecker….. wtf?? How long is it, how long has it been on?? Obviously I know it’s allowed. Not saying anything bad about it. Just curious cause it really stands out.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Wow, so badass. Happy for you and your team!!! Put it in the 6’s!! And over 188, tired of that other guy.

Let’s talk about the pecker….. wtf?? How long is it, how long has it been on?? Obviously I know it’s allowed. Not saying anything bad about it. Just curious cause it really stands out.

Haha. That is something I did for Mark. I made it just for this record run. NHRA rule states that from your front spindle to the very front of the vehicle can’t extend out past 44”. My truck was at 30” so my pecker is 14” long!!!! Also at NHRA tracks the finish line beam is at 5” off the ground. My truck sits higher then 5” so it wasn’t breaking the beam until my tires crossed. NHRA says a vehicle can be as low as 3” off the track so I made it 3” off the track.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Some serious technical data for you real gearheads, Brent let off at 6.5sec into the run at 182mph and coasted to the 7.28/175mph with a solid 1.43seconds during the run where it was defueled hard(40-80mg pulled out of it)because of the egt limiter that is in place to help keep it alive!

Reactions: Harbin_22

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Some serious technical data for you real gearheads, Brent let off at 6.5sec into the run at 182mph and coasted to the 7.28/175mph with a solid 1.43seconds during the run where it was defueled hard(40-80mg pulled out of it)because of the egt limiter that is in place to help keep it alive!

damn that old girl was on a ride!!! any plans to get EGT's to dop?

Reactions: MarkBroviak

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Haha. That is something I did for Mark. I made it just for this record run. NHRA rule states that from your front spindle to the very front of the vehicle can’t extend out past 44”. My truck was at 30” so my pecker is 14” long!!!! Also at NHRA tracks the finish line beam is at 5” off the ground. My truck sits higher then 5” so it wasn’t breaking the beam until my tires crossed. NHRA says a vehicle can be as low as 3” off the track so I made it 3” off the track.

Legit. Thx for the info. I knew it was legal, I just never looked up the rules to see exactly what was all entailed there. I can see why it makes a big difference on your truck.

Great job again.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632

Can more nitrous help with egt temps??

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Can more nitrous help with egt temps??

Unfortunately no the nitrous isn't helping the egt's because it is increasing the HP at the same time so it isn't doing anything for it(case in point, when it yanks the fueling back to bring egt's down we aren't pulling any nitrous back and the egt's are barely responding to it, I'm talking 250-400hp conservatively worth of fuel being removed and egt's hardly budge 200*). We are good from 4500-5200rpms but the 5200-6000rpms is where we get in trouble with it. EGT's and drive climb and boost drops so we are looking into what we can do to get it to stay happy upstairs without injecting water because I am not a fan of what it does to everything. To answer James, yes we are looking at ways to bring the heat down some without losing power. Would also like to extend the rpm range higher up like 6500rpms so we can stay in 2nd gear in the 1/8th with the current combo because it is working really well now that we have a good handle on what it wants and likes. Hope this makes sense guys!

Reactions: SmokeShow

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Unfortunately no the nitrous isn't helping the egt's because it is increasing the HP at the same time so it isn't doing anything for it(case in point, when it yanks the fueling back to bring egt's down we aren't pulling any nitrous back and the egt's are barely responding to it, I'm talking 250-400hp conservatively worth of fuel being removed and egt's hardly budge 200*). We are good from 4500-5200rpms but the 5200-6000rpms is where we get in trouble with it. EGT's and drive climb and boost drops so we are looking into what we can do to get it to stay happy upstairs without injecting water because I am not a fan of what it does to everything. To answer James, yes we are looking at ways to bring the heat down some without losing power. Would also like to extend the rpm range higher up like 6500rpms so we can stay in 2nd gear in the 1/8th with the current combo because it is working really well now that we have a good handle on what it wants and likes. Hope this makes sense guys!

do you think its a restriction on CFM from the heads or valve train? im sure hes got pretty well ported heads on that sucker. what about straight meth injected in? could do a multiport setup in the clam shells to add power (or reduce nitrous) while dropping intake temps way down

Reactions: MarkBroviak

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
do you think its a restriction on CFM from the heads or valve train? im sure hes got pretty well ported heads on that sucker. what about straight meth injected in? could do a multiport setup in the clam shells to add power (or reduce nitrous) while dropping intake temps way down

I think it is more of a restriction on the turbine side of the turbo than anything so I'm looking at goin bigger on it(Just got off the phone with Precision on a possible custom build for his setup to get us where we need to be) and possibly testing meth injection to see how it works/affects things. Works for the gas guys so I would think it should work for us too!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think it is more of a restriction on the turbine side of the turbo than anything so I'm looking at goin bigger on it(Just got off the phone with Precision on a possible custom build for his setup to get us where we need to be) and possibly testing meth injection to see how it works/affects things. Works for the gas guys so I would think it should work for us too!

Totally agree. Meth likes diesels , just don’t smoke it

Reactions: SmokeShow

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Got a new guy for the list! This is Paul Vasko's RailCar that weights roughly 2600lbs with him in it and 11/14/21 he went [email protected] coasting from the 1/8th on his first time to the track with it and his first full 1/8th pass. It has the old liquid motor from my ProMod that set the allison record last year. It is rocking the Rick D/ProFab custom light weight Stainless Header manifold and pedestal setup. It is an LBZ with Oval Cast pistons with with a 4L80 transmission setup with our PMT 488/96 SS V-band 1.0housing and some spray. It was supposed to go in his Chevelle streetcar but he found this rail for sale and decided to go this route with the project! This was his first time to the track with it to get his feet wet on a 500hp tune in it. I tune it and we are using the dsp5 switch for staging limiter and burnout mode. He let off at the 1/8th and coasted to this time which means it is going to be really fun when we turn it up and run it out the back. This car has a ton of potential in it and he is already ahead of his goals with it so can't wait to see where it goes next season!

Paul Vasko first 1/8th hit in his new Duramax railcar! [email protected] on 500hp tune. - YouTube

Paul Vasko.jpgPaul V. Rail.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D_Ferrante801