Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Correct, this is the second time that it has broke the cam so there is a ton of load on it or something strange like that causing it.

Are they driving the pump off the rear of the cam? Straight cut gears or angle?

PDD had some trouble on their Cummins breaking the nose off the cam when running a big pump. From what I remember they think the pump puts enough strain on the cam gear and puts a twisting load on it

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
More on this topic. So the Wihmer pump they are running takes 100hp to turn it and what is happening is between the bearing clearances in the crank and the amount of load the pump is putting on the gears it literally takes all the clearance out of the gears and rips the front of the cam off when they go full fuel. The fix they hope is straight cut gears for the front of the engine so that all the load and everything is going in the same direction to get rid of the pulling affect from the stock gears since they are helical cut and can create a pulling effect in extreme cases like this. Either way, if they can get this issue resolved it will be a bad bitch for the inlines to contend with!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So the same issue PDD was having with their big pumps on the 12v platform. Should be a relatively “easy” fix compared to other topics.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
So the same issue PDD was having with their big pumps on the 12v platform. Should be a relatively “easy” fix compared to other topics.
Yes, hopefully the straight cut gears fix this issue for them and they can get back to making big power and giving the Inlines a hard way to go!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Are any of the Cummins Killer trucks still Kusilek's or nah, they're someone else's now? Do I & II still exist and pulling somewhere?
Casey Clark owned both i believe. I've only seen one of them in action as of recent.

Edit: Casey Clark must own one and CK2 is a joint venture, unsure of exact owners

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
ca16087830f511191bdd48420de24561.jpg

Last edited:

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
last i knew burkhard had cummins killer one what happened to it i have no idea
It was at his shop for a few years but I want to say they were having him sell it for them, Tony didn't buy it. anyhow it hasn't been at DHD for 4-5 years no clue where it went.

Reactions: hntngkd