01-10 steering box redhead ,PSC ,OEM

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Well you are buying parts Made in China from a company that only does online order from an office building. That nickel an hour person sitting behind the computer taking you order never sees your part and probably does not even know what it looks like. They just email your order to some giant warehouse where another nickel an hour person who could care less about you finds the box, puts it in another box, wraps it with RockAuto tape and ships it to you. I honestly find it quite entertaining that you keep wasting time going back to them getting the same results and then complain about it.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Please, let me entertain you. Since I paid $400 for it, and Napa sells it for $855... I have a genuine interest giving it a good try. I can bear to be without my truck for a little while longer to save that kind of $. If not, then I move on and buy it elsewhere. I find it entertaining that a busy guy like you can find the precious time to waste posting about this.

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Hey, I'm all for people harassing Rock Auto until they hopefully fix their process. Even if nothing comes of it, it's fun to read about.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I am sure that minimum wage person that cannot do anything about it enjoys getting harassed. All these scary harsh emails are easily fixed with a single mouse click. How about we all just stop spending $$$ with RockAuto until they fix things ?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Is that 2 or 4wd, sir? Lol
Here is the Got Damn part number you Idiot. Give me another one...🤬

On another note, just left NAPA where the new and the re man are both 4 bolt boxes... at least my contact is cool as I explained why I want that specific new box. But the tech support line is only monday thru friday . I also explained that this is an on going issue with this vendor and this specific part. They are mixing the boxes up when they package them at the vendor. This one came straight from there local warehouse so it wasnt played with or swaped at a store.

The Saga continues...

And i got the standard canned reply from rock auto about cant guaranty another one and getting a refund. Jordan didnt read the email nkr did he contact Cara regarding the issue...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well you are buying parts Made in China from a company that only does online order from an office building. That nickel an hour person sitting behind the computer taking you order never sees your part and probably does not even know what it looks like. They just email your order to some giant warehouse where another nickel an hour person who could care less about you finds the box, puts it in another box, wraps it with RockAuto tape and ships it to you. I honestly find it quite entertaining that you keep wasting time going back to them getting the same results and then complain about it.
Dont forget about the magnet! :LOL: I do find some of those featured cars interesting.

Reactions: ShopSpecialties

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Completely ignored my email and how BBB tech is awaiting their call to fix this. They want to refund and walk away. Can’t even talk to anyone.
Stop me if you have heard this exact canned response before...

Rockauto Customer Service said:
Dear Mr. (Insert Customer Name Here),

We’re sorry for the multiple problems in your order. Since there have been problems with the first two shipments that we’ve tried to send you, we do not feel comfortable shipping another because we cannot guarantee that a third shipment would not also have problems. Instead, we will refund you for the part(s).

You can view and print your return instructions through our Order Status & Returns page. You will find a prepaid shipping label at the bottom of the return instructions. We will issue the refund back to your original payment method within 3 business days after tracking information shows our warehouse has received your return. We will email you when the refund is issued.

You can also view the status of your refund(s) using our Order Status & Returns page.

If you still need the correct part, please consider reordering an alternate brand on RockAuto.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For further information, please see our Help pages.

Thank you,

Jordan
RockAuto Customer Service

Reactions: N2BRK

zparker686

Nov 12, 2014
Maine
Holy shit. I just got back from vacation, saw there was a ton of activity here. None of it good. Sorry to hear everyone is having such a problem getting them. I saw someone say O'Reillys. I had the same issue with it being 4 bolt there as well.

Reactions: fc8464

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I knew this would happen . Well I’m entertained. Hopefully you guys get all this shit figured out, so it’s easy for us procrastinators.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Got the same response this morning. I guess I’m done. I’ll start with Napa this week.
My reply was as Peaceful as I thought I could make it. Basically I asked if they actually read the email and that the point of my email was to point out that it was a vendor issue and because of said issue its costing Rock Auto Money.

I'm done. They clearly don't care and the response I received to that reply states they are working on the issue with the vendor... Yeah right!!!

Napa Is aware of the issue as well. My store called the tech line and it sounds like I, (WE as a whole) are not the only ones experiencing this issue with this part number. He mentioned he spoke to another customer with the same issue with this part number.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My local Napa area rep is having the stores check inventory. He said to give him 3 days.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
No, not nice. 4 bolt box steering gears inside boxes labeled as 6 bolt boxes... IOW more wrong shit!