Lmm 2-1 downshift

20dmax08

Apr 13, 2018
Was towing my camper the other day and when I was doing a rolling stop, truck would want to shift down from 2nd to 1st but would just rev. Had to back off throttle quick and then would grab the gear rather harsh. This would happen intermittently unloaded as well. Throws no trouble codes. Trans is built with limitless kit and 1078 converter. Also has Danville trans tuning. Anyone have this happen and what was the remedy? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
miles on trans? clutches used? have you spoke with evan at all? did you build it or someone else that used the kit from evan?

20dmax08

Apr 13, 2018
miles on trans? clutches used? have you spoke with evan at all? did you build it or someone else that used the kit from evan?

About 40,000 miles since rebuild. I used what ever clutches were in the diy kit. I built it as per Evans instructions. Have not spoke to Evan figured I’d ask here if someone has experienced this before I bothered him as I know he’s busy. I don’t necessarily believe it’s a built trans problem as my buddy has a stocker with a shift kit and his will also do this from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk