Introduction Post

blackneck94

Apr 19, 2017
Mesa, AZ
Hey everyone, just thought I’d share my build in-progress for my first post in this group!

2006 Sierra 2500HD CCSB 4wd

4.075” LB7 block
Stock LBZ heads
Callies Compstar crank
Carillo Pro-H rods
Thermal coated 16.5:1 Mahle Race Cast pistons with .075” valve pockets
Hastings compression rings
Total seal oil control rings
Mahle Clevite H series rod and main bearings
SoCal 3388 standard fire cam
Wagler dual valve springs with steel retainers
Wagler pushrods
ATI Super Damper balancer
BD flexplate
Wagler pinned and shimmed oil pump
ARP main studs
ARP 2000 head studs
Mahle grade C headgaskets
PPE manifolds and up pipes
DHD glow plug deletes

All in all I think it will be a solid engine. Things I would do differently and/or next time around... I would probably opt for Fingers cast oval bowls without valve reliefs, ProFab manifolds/up pipes, and billet main caps.

For fuel and air it currently has a VS Racing billet S480 with an 87x82 turbine and 1.1 T4 housing, Industrial Injection 100% nozzles, and a PPE dual fueler setup with two stock LBZ pumps. I do have plans to go to 200%s after the trans re-learn is complete and I enjoy some time behind the wheel.

The truck is currently at a local shop receiving some transmission upgrades/repairs. My Goerend R converter is being refreshed and restalled to a J, they are installing a TCS billet input/output/C2 hub, Goerend P2 planetary, and swapping the Raybestos GPZ clutches in favor of Alto G3s. We believe for my intended use, power level, and weight, that the stock intermediate shaft will suffice.

I’m hoping to have a fun street truck that will run in the 10.xx @ 12x mph range @ 6700 lbs, on a street tire!

I have to thank Larry’s Engine & Marine in Tucson, Arizona for doing an amazing job balancing the rotating assembly and machining the block and heads. I’d also like to thank Copperhead Diesel in Chandler, Arizona for handling all of the transmission work!

LUj0Dts.jpg

mWw3uiR.jpg

Yn2MMv0.jpg

c7HBQCO.jpg

EjSxYYP.jpg

aOzfbOG.jpg

1YxGEA2.jpg

xvEnewj.jpg

Dh28lBW.jpg

eeR5xDH.jpg

1uf9D7F.jpg

J0J9Z9l.jpg

ixUpWA1.jpg

SxLhxeA.jpg

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Hey yeah I remember seeing some of your posts on IG and read up on the trouble you've had. Sounds like a good running setup you will have now.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

blackneck94

Apr 19, 2017
Mesa, AZ
Hey yeah I remember seeing some of your posts on IG and read up on the trouble you've had. Sounds like a good running setup you will have now.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Right on! I have high hopes for it. Although I’m not totally sold on the Race Cast pistons, especially being second-hand. I’m hoping after I get the 200%s in that they will give me a decent amount of service with a lighter tune-up

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Very nice build! What is your suspension setup? Assuming a 4” lift of some sort? Also what’s your Instagram name I’ll follow ya :D

blackneck94

Apr 19, 2017
Mesa, AZ
Very nice build! What is your suspension setup? Assuming a 4” lift of some sort? Also what’s your Instagram name I’ll follow ya :D

Thank you sir!

It has a Fabtech 6” lift up front that is decranked almost all the way with stock keys. I’m still running the Bilstein 5100s that are size appropriate for the lift at advertised height; I need to take some measurements and switch to the correct length shocks as I believe these are now too long. The rear is basically stock with the exception of Caltracs and Rancho RS9000XL shocks.

My Instagram is the same as my username on here

blackneck94

Apr 19, 2017
Mesa, AZ
Any news on the transmission yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s still at the shop. The transmission is out of the truck and gutted. Waiting for parts to show up and to be sent out. I would like to say that it should be squared away by the end of the month, but we’ll see!

3f8d4e412b12e556591e8411b4de107b.jpg