LBZ: Wagler twisted pedestal

garrettlbz

Nov 7, 2019
Spring Creek, Nevada
Can you run the twisted pedestal with a standard 1 piece wcfab y bridge kit and factory plenums or will it only fit with their cast street intake?

0cddefe7b4fc9932a67899b86e64f667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthy_max

Jan 10, 2015
Midwest
It will not work with a traditional y-bridge. The twisted pedestal was designed to be run with their street intake. Course with some nephson fab work, anything’s possible.

garrettlbz

Nov 7, 2019
Spring Creek, Nevada
It will not work with a traditional y-bridge. The twisted pedestal was designed to be run with their street intake. Course with some nephson fab work, anything’s possible.

Do you know what it doesn’t clear in a conventional set up as pictured?

garrettlbz

Nov 7, 2019
Spring Creek, Nevada
I don't really see any benefit to running a twisted pedestal without the intake.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mainly to clear that cold side pipe in the attached photo. I’m gonna be installing a larger s400 Frame charger with a 5.5 inlet and the factory intake horn is pretty tight to the bridge/cold side pipe. The twisted pedestal turns the ambient air intake towards the passenger side so I was thinking it’d be less of a squeeze to fit a 5.5 inch intake

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Mainly to clear that cold side pipe in the attached photo. I’m gonna be installing a larger s400 Frame charger with a 5.5 inlet and the factory intake horn is pretty tight to the bridge/cold side pipe. The twisted pedestal turns the ambient air intake towards the passenger side so I was thinking it’d be less of a squeeze to fit a 5.5 inch intake

It might work, dont think anyone has tried. Why not just get the intake if you are putting in a 400

a2e23679ac39b6fdee5b07f3b8195568.jpg

garrettlbz

Nov 7, 2019
Spring Creek, Nevada
It might work, dont think anyone has tried. Why not just get the intake if you are putting in a 400

a2e23679ac39b6fdee5b07f3b8195568.jpg

Don’t wanna spend the money for the piping for it when I already have these. I’d cut and re weld the drivers side to align with the angle from the twisted pedestal. The factory plenums are thinner than the street intake so I don’t really see a reason it won’t fit

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Don’t wanna spend the money for the piping for it when I already have these. I’d cut and re weld the drivers side to align with the angle from the twisted pedestal. The factory plenums are thinner than the street intake so I don’t really see a reason it won’t fit

Yeah, you would need a hot side, downpipe and intake made for that ped.

garrettlbz

Nov 7, 2019
Spring Creek, Nevada
Yeah, you would need a hot side, downpipe and intake made for that ped.

Either way I’d need a downpipe, intake and probably have to modify the drivers side with any pedestal because the s400 will sit higher. I was just thinking the twisted would make the clearance of the large intake better

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Werhli makes a turbo install kit with the twisted pedestal that is made for the wagler street intake. If you use a twisted pedestal with your y bridge it looks like the inlet of the turbo would be right up against the y bridge making it difficult to get a intake on it. The wagler intake moves the cold side over and out towards the front of the motor. You also have to run a van t stat housing if I remember right because of this also

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I know it's not exactly the same but on my old set up the cold side pipe came in similar to the wherli y bridge. But centered more. I dont think you'll clear a 5". That's 4" in my pic. Your best bet is gonna be a lb7 style y bridge and cold side pipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200212-195949_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-195949_Gallery.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 68