LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I just want to dyno it before and after on several different tunes to see what the differences are and get some data logs for MotorOps. Really just out of curiosity and then I’m gonna take it to the track and get some times before and after to see what that difference is. For the most part I’m interested in the seat of the pants horsepower and passing horsepower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I like this plan, what does stage 3 have over the 2?

According to SoCal they told me the stage three is the everything on the menu engine meaning it has every upgrade you could possibly get. I asked about forged pistons and they said the Mahle race cast pistons are good to 1000 hp and would recommend H-14 head studs over ARP 625s when the time comes along with titanium retainers if I want to turn some RPM.

They also recommended I run their narrowed journal billet crank and said they’ve had no failures with them as opposed to a Callie’s or other billet crank and that they do not like putting stock LML or other crankshafts back in built motors. Also, they would definitely suggest the alternate firing order cam because of the crank brake problem at the front of the engine on journal number two which they believe comes from the stock firing order.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Oh this is the first part that showed up yesterday

ab4685681be392bf65009b25ad93e615.jpg

I’ve also got tracking showing that my PPE deep transmission pan, in raw form, will be here today as well.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Another plan of attack might be to continue to accumulate the parts you want and advertise your perfectly running late model LML for sale and they will be able to see it run , and sell it for top dollar , then apply that $ to to paying for about 1/4 of the stage 3 and not blow up your good OEM eng and take a chance on destroying many of the expensive parts that are slated for the stage 3 ! Just a thought !

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Another plan of attack might be to continue to accumulate the parts you want and advertise your perfectly running late model LML for sale and they will be able to see it run , and sell it for top dollar , then apply that $ to to paying for about 1/4 of the stage 3 and not blow up your good OEM eng and take a chance on destroying many of the expensive parts that are slated for the stage 3 ! Just a thought !

Nahhhhhhh ruining the block or catching the truck on fire is much more fun :rofl:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Nahhhhhhh ruining the block or catching the truck on fire is much more fun :rofl:

Not sure about catching the truck on fire but even if I ruined the block it doesn’t matter if they use my block or another used block or a new block from GM they said it would take eight weeks to build the motor anyway so I’ll probably just take a core charge and get it ordered up and have it sitting around in case this one blows up.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Do the stock intercoolers not hold up to 60+ boost? I don't think I've ever heard anything about that, or maybe you just wanted better cooling..

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
May go over 60 in the future and I do want the most flow possible.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yeah I'm sure you will, I'm over 60 with my setup right now and I hadn't been to worried about it but maybe I should be..

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Subbing. Making me want to add some more air and fuel to my 16 now too lol. Can’t wait to see your setup and results!

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
I know what the stealth series turbos are but what a hybrid 64/67? A mix of both ?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I know what the stealth series turbos are but what a hybrid 64/67? A mix of both ?

It’s their new Stealth 64mm billet inducer with a turbine from their stealth 67. Housing is a little different as well. They say it spools like stock, keeps drive pressure down and pushes more air. Also has more aggressive veins for turbo braking when towing.

Last edited:

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Ahh. Makes sense. I recently purchased Danville’s 65mm hopefully that works out well. What made you go with the stealth series over all other options ?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
MotorOps tuning and being that it’s a DT product it seemed that they would tune it well. Otherwise, second option would be Mark Broviak.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
I love this thread! Keep it up, your making me want to tune my 16 now and add air/fuel. Your a bad influence...:rofl:

me too,,I promised all my friends I'd leave this one alone.I'm just lying to myself.:D

Looks like I forgot to add into my sig,,16 white GMC Denali