2020 hd

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
That’s the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a really, really long time ! Really hope the Gmc looks better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
That’s the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a really, really long time ! Really hope the Gmc looks better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it better than the half ton.

Attachments

• 2020_HD_1.JPG
    2020_HD_1.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 2020_HD.JPG
    2020_HD.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 185

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
GM CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL: Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018, 8 a.m. EST
Most Capable, Most Advanced Silverado Heavy Duty Ever
to Debut in February 2019
2020 Silverado HD is the third all-new Silverado in 18 months
DETROIT — When the 2020 Silverado HD debuts in February 2019 it will be the most capable
and most advanced Silverado HD ever. It will also be the third all-new Silverado model from
Chevrolet in just 18 months — each designed for different customers.
“We know the needs and priorities of heavy-duty customers are different than those of either
light-duty or medium-duty customers,” said Jaclyn McQuaid, chief engineer, Silverado HD. “As
such, we built a heavy-duty truck tailor-made for them that has more differentiation than ever
before from light-duty models, offers advanced towing technologies to improve towing
confidence and includes new features such as the integrated Bedstep, which makes it easier to
access the bed while pulling a fifth-wheel trailer.”
Built at the Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Mich., the new Silverado HD’s design has a bold,
sculpted form that follows its enhanced heavy-duty function, differentiating it from the light-duty
Silverado. In fact, the 2020 Silverado HD exterior shares only the roof with its Silverado 1500
stablemate — every other piece of sheet metal is exclusive to Silverado HD.
“We set out to make a statement with the 2020 Silverado HD and wanted to visually capture the
power and capability of the truck,” said Brian Izard, lead exterior designer for Silverado HD.
“The result is a truck that looks like a piece of heavy machinery with modern, chiseled finishes
and customer-focused details.”
The interior benefits from similar architectural changes made to the all-new Silverado 1500,
including an additional 3 inches of legroom on crew cab models and a taller, more comfortable
seating position.
Under the 2020 Silverado HD’s hood is a choice of two new powertrains: an all-new gasoline
engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission, or the Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-
8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission.
The 2020 Silverado HD also will offer all-new customer-focused trailering technology, significant
increases in towing and payload capabilities and a host of technologies and features designed
specifically for heavy-duty truck customers.
GM’s focus on understanding truck customers has helped build the most successful truck
franchise in the industry over the last four years. Since introducing the industry’s first three-truck
strategy with midsize, full-size light-duty and full-size heavy-duty trucks in 2014, GM has been
the best-selling truck manufacturer for four consecutive years. The company has sold more than
600,000 pickups than the closest manufacturer from 2014 through the first three quarters of
That momentum is expected to continue with the launches of the new Colorado ZR2 Bison, allnew
Silverado 1500, the all-new Silverado Medium-Duty trucks and now the all-new Silverado
HD models.
The 2020 Silverado HD goes on sale in mid-2019, stay tuned for more details about the all-new
2020 Silverado HD.
ABOUT CHEVROLET
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in
more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet
provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that
makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a
value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
gELWIEY.jpg

Might be the ugliest front end ever put on a truck.. i really hope that denali does something much better or i wont be upgrading.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i like it. The fender and hood definition looks cool and pulls away from the damn boxy look everyone has had for years. All black it will look menacing

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not a fan of the big ass bar on the grill. Otherwise it’s neat looking. I’m seriously contemplating getting a black or red half ton trail boss if work pans out. They grew on me fast.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
gELWIEY.jpg

Might be the ugliest front end ever put on a truck.. i really hope that denali does something much better or i wont be upgrading.
I could live with the rest of the truck, but the headlights is what kills it for me. It makes it look like 6 eyed bug, or some poor designer was like Hey, lets just glues some more stuff on to the front of this truck to make it look crazier than a Ford.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
I could live with the rest of the truck, but the headlights is what kills it for me. It makes it look like 6 eyed bug, or some poor designer was like Hey, lets just glues some more stuff on to the front of this truck to make it look crazier than a Ford.

would almost look better if the bottom 2 lights were on the top, and the top lights on the bottom if that make sense.... and those lights look so dated on the bottom.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
FN hideous.
Looks like I’ll be rolling in an lml till it’s 10 y/o for sure now.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I don't know what the GM design team has been smoking but there's more disappointment to me in today's GM vehicles. The 1500 front end is meh. The 2500/3500 is fugly, looks like Ford's down syndrome brother. I do like the rest of the body and the interior, but come on, they can do a whole lot better for the grille design! The biggest GM disappointment IMO is the 2019 blazer, pretty much a disgrace to the blazer history, can't even take that thing off road for crap.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The closer I look, the worse it gets. WTF is up with the mirrors? They come out below the traditional spot, leaving an ugly plastic blanking plate instead of more glass. Then they immediately elbow back up to the old height, making you wonder why they moved the mount down at all. Just looks like too many joints, like a kid slapped it on out of Lego at the last second, not something they did on purpose.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
That’s the route I went and I love it. The new GM’s are most hideous thing I’ve ever seen.

Can you tell us a little more about what swayed your decision? I'm about to pull the trigger on my third Duramax, but kind of tired of being handed the same lack of amenities that the other trucks have. I'm still keeping the two I have, but it's always nice to get another opinion....

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Can you tell us a little more about what swayed your decision? I'm about to pull the trigger on my third Duramax, but kind of tired of being handed the same lack of amenities that the other trucks have. I'm still keeping the two I have, but it's always nice to get another opinion....

I always loved my 01-10 trucks and had two 15.5 Denali’s and 17 High Country but after being in a Friends 18 Platinum I couldn’t believe how much nicer it was then my truck. The interior is huge beautiful and solid. They feel twice as roomy inside. The power is great stock with zero lag and 550-600hp is just a tune and race pipe away. It also rides just fine. I’ll still buy older Duramax’s but I won’t be buying a new GM truck for quite a long time. I never thought id say it but couldn’t be happier with Ford.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Someone else’s rendition of an updated front end. I like this more. Looks more early 80’s. This I would buy.
5e5ab116bdaa8a5181a7f90e5a5be15e.jpg

Put the signal lights in the bumper like the ‘81 and it would be the nicest looking truck since the classic imo.