Vehicle Hoist

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I just installed a new 10k Challenger 2 post lift in my new shop, on a 6" slab. This is my second one, and I went assymetric both times.

JoeyD

WTF
Apr 21, 2008
I’d buy a Mohawk lift, look on there site and compare how they are made vs most others.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I have a Atlas 10k 2 post for 3 years i'm not using it for commercial use just mostly my own stuff and a few side jobs here/there. It's been trouble free and it picks up my work truck without hesitation and it weighs 10,200. It's on a 6"
pad with lots of bar, mesh and fiber.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I run BenPak 2 post 12K lifts. Been great for over 10 years. I went down 24" with rebar for safety.

1dmax

Jun 30, 2018
Well looking for some input I have an old barn, probably 100 years old I’ve built a shop in. I would like to add a hoist. Obviously I have no idea what I have for concrete, if I cut out a spot a little bigger than the foot of the hoist then auger down with the auger on my bobcat say 3-4(could go deeper I suppose) feet and pour this full of concrete then anchor the hoist to this pier well call it. Think that would be a safe way to attach the hoist without having to repour a good portion of the floor?

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
Well looking for some input I have an old barn, probably 100 years old I’ve built a shop in. I would like to add a hoist. Obviously I have no idea what I have for concrete, if I cut out a spot a little bigger than the foot of the hoist then auger down with the auger on my bobcat say 3-4(could go deeper I suppose) feet and pour this full of concrete then anchor the hoist to this pier well call it. Think that would be a safe way to attach the hoist without having to repour a good portion of the floor?

I personally would cut out the floor for about 4'x4' and then go down about 10" do this for both post and call it a day. Rather go overboard then mess around with your life under a vehicle.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
We have some old mohawk lift at work and they have been great. But if the day ever come and I get a garage built at home. I'm gonna get a Rotary lift just not 100 percent sure if I want a 4 post or a 2 post.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Bringing this back up. I am rebuild the back garage at my house into an another shop that more geared for long term projects/fab/wiring. The slab is too thin for a two post hoist and the ceiling is kind of low. I have been kicking around the idea of getting one of the cheaper 4 post hoists, vs quick jacks or a scissor jack. They show them comeing with the casters, so I think that it could be easily moved in the garage or removed to the driveway. Has anyone used any of these cheaper 4 post hoist before?

turbovan

Too many toys!!!
Mar 4, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
I have a Snap-On 10K hoist, made by Wheeltronic and its scary. All the arms are bent and it struggles to lift my 02 Sierra. I've sent pics to Snap On and all I get is a meh, you're overloading it, loading. STill trying to get Wheeltronic involved but they keep giving me the run around.
I weighed my truck, its around 7500 lbs. :(

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I got used 9k rotory. It lifts my 2020 without issue and doesn’t look like it’s straining. My truck is 8200lbs. Very stable too