Remote Oil Filter Setup?

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
What manufacturers should I look into to remote mount an oil filter setup? My drag truck engine plate setup will not allow enough room for a standard oil filter setup so I am needing to remote mount it.

Any info would be great thanks.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Wagler has a billet plate that bolts onto the side of the motor that's threaded for like -10 or -12 lines.

Its affordable to, like $75 or something, I don't really remember what it was. I have that on my pulling motor, going to one of these; https://pitstopusa.com/i-19454917-p...ump-large-filter-w-1-1-2-12-thread-10-an.html

and using a WIX racing filter.
the Oberg and Clearview filters are great as well if you have the money to spend on one.

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
I ran the Oberg stainless filter head and then switched over to the Wix racing spin on remote. With just the Oberg stainless screen I didn't think I was getting enough filtration (I think the screen mesh is 100 micron). Cold start oil pressure with just the Oberg was very high as well. Once I went with the remote spin on cold oil pressure came back down some.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Well I talked to Wagler and there's removes the oil cooler just like Empire I see. This truck will be driven on the street so I am not getting rid of the oil cooler.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I when out and grabbed my spare oil cooler unit, the unit I posted above will not work due to the base being 2 5/8 instead of the 3 5/8 for our filter. It looks like you can tap the oil return passage fairly easy to 13/16-16. Then just remove the pipe nub from the oil filter feed and replace both with NTP to AN fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_20180221_154457.jpg
    IMG_20180221_154457.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 45

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
We run the Socal oil cooler deleting adapter with -12 an lines out to a moroso filter head. Run a baldwin B7 filter with a screen on top of the filter just to catch things if needed.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
What gain's are people trying to achieve, with any of this? Switching to filters that don't seem to catch as much. And then the possibility, of fittings' leaking, and extra lines to run/leak? I'm just curious is all, not trying to start a pissing match.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
You are looking for something like this?

Yes that is what I was hoping to find. I found one but it looks to be ever so slightly smaller on the sealing surface. I need it to come out the side.

We run the Socal oil cooler deleting adapter with -12 an lines out to a moroso filter head. Run a baldwin B7 filter with a screen on top of the filter just to catch things if needed.

I assume you are running a filled block?

What gain's are people trying to achieve, with any of this? Switching to filters that don't seem to catch as much. And then the possibility, of fittings' leaking, and extra lines to run/leak? I'm just curious is all, not trying to start a pissing match.

I have an engine plate on my build and a factory oil filter housing will not work.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure how much room you have, but I have run a Hamburger's Performance part number 3321 on a Duramax.