For $.1.00 a day you can sponsor.........

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I am confused about the power comment?

I can see how doing air bag rear suspension might be smoother/softer than the stock setup, but what does that or cranking the bars do to help with power? Cranked bars actually cause the stock CVs to break easier than stock height or lowered. And most the time, raising the front end causes it to ride harsher because it isn't using the stock jounce bumper to help control the suspension (unless your move/upgrade it when you raise the front).

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
8d84b114b25ad91ba2ea8e0cf52f2276.jpg
there u go
I tow as well the only reason I have a Duramax , that's the only reason it even has bags .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
8d84b114b25ad91ba2ea8e0cf52f2276.jpg
there u go
I tow as well the only reason I have a Duramax , that's the only reason it even has bags .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay this got confused let me clear they air . Power and ride quality comment was meant as I'd rather have power to pull the be all jacked up in the air and ride like shit , like the brown truck all sky jacked . Meaning I'd rather spend money on power and lower egt upgrades then do all that crazy lift stuff . Now onto the keys thing I said I have keys and bags so you guys prob think my truck is gay too . Based off how u felt about that stock rear end gmc . I hope this clears that up

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Okay this got confused let me clear they air . Power and ride quality comment was meant as I'd rather have power to pull the be all jacked up in the air and ride like shit , like the brown truck all sky jacked . Meaning I'd rather spend money on power and lower egt upgrades then do all that crazy lift stuff . Now onto the keys thing I said I have keys and bags so you guys prob think my truck is gay too . Based off how u felt about that stock rear end gmc . I hope this clears that up
OK, I follow you now. I agree, I would (and have) spend money on go-fast parts over a lift any day.

Your truck looks nice, that isn't really squatted much (hard to tell exactly because the driveway is on an angle). I don't mind a little squat or a little rake, it is when the truck looks like someone gave up installing a lift kit halfway through that I think it looks like ass. Having a bit of a squat or rake because of necessary suspension adjustments (bags for towing comfort, lowered keys to correct CV angles) is fine, because there is a reason to it. I just don't get the guys who drop the back of the truck 2+" for no discernible reason.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
OK, I follow you now. I agree, I would (and have) spend money on go-fast parts over a lift any day.

Your truck looks nice, that isn't really squatted much (hard to tell exactly because the driveway is on an angle). I don't mind a little squat or a little rake, it is when the truck looks like someone gave up installing a lift kit halfway through that I think it looks like ass. Having a bit of a squat or rake because of necessary suspension adjustments (bags for towing comfort, lowered keys to correct CV angles) is fine, because there is a reason to it. I just don't get the guys who drop the back of the truck 2+" for no discernible reason.

Agreed 100 percent . I just confused everyone the first time lol. I only have about 5 lbs of air in the bags right there but I usually have more just is comfy empty like that

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Why not level it and run bags? Seriously. Yours isn't as bad as some but I still don't get it.

BTW plenty of folks tow 10 000 lbs + with 6-8" lifts and push 6-700hp without issue. If you buy a good lift kit you won't have any issues.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
My truck is lifted out of necessity. I actually used my truck offroad and tow heavy with it off road. I needed to get the frame off the ground.

If the ride is too rough for you in a stock 4wd Duramax, maybe you should be driving a Honda Ridgeline.
a449b76aefbcb417183520f2771ddaf2.jpg

You got any more pics or videos? I've been drooling over your truck for years and never did see more than that one video.:thumb:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
My truck is lifted out of necessity. I actually used my truck offroad and tow heavy with it off road. I needed to get the frame off the ground.

If the ride is too rough for you in a stock 4wd Duramax, maybe you should be driving a Honda Ridgeline.
a449b76aefbcb417183520f2771ddaf2.jpg

Are you the wild man in those bad ass YouTube videos?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That isn't my truck. I just posted a pic of a nice looking lifted LBZ as an example. Then after I re-read I noticed he asked for one of my truck-which isn't as nice IMO. It's just my work truck-or was till it blew up.

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 45

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Don't get me wrong, to each their own.

Personally I just don't see the point in taking a DD 4x4 diesel and making it look ridiculous or modify it so it's not practical/capable of doing what it was designed to do. If it's a race truck or sled puller cool, just not a fan of show trucks. Not that people can't make it look nice-Cornell has had some of the cleanest and nicest trucks I've ever seen. There just comes a point where too low or too high or ridiculously raked either forward or backwards makes it kind of a joke to own and looks foolish. JMO

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Don't get me wrong, to each their own.

Personally I just don't see the point in taking a DD 4x4 diesel and making it look ridiculous or modify it so it's not practical/capable of doing what it was designed to do. If it's a race truck or sled puller cool, just not a fan of show trucks. Not that people can't make it look nice-Cornell has had some of the cleanest and nicest trucks I've ever seen. There just comes a point where too low or too high or ridiculously raked either forward or backwards makes it kind of a joke to own and looks foolish. JMO

You know you secretly drool over Johnny huies truck :roflmao:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You know you secretly drool over Johnny huies truck :roflmao:
No idea who that is but google brought up this truck. I like it.
8c11cd3612b9cd1e0414b902d70da3c7.jpg

This one, not so much. Too much going on there for me.
bb008fb184bb5f524e62d52727f699d2.jpg

At least their level and the tires/lift somewhat compliment each other.

Last edited:

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
No idea who that is but google brought up this truck. I like it.
8c11cd3612b9cd1e0414b902d70da3c7.jpg

This one, not so much. Too much going on their for me.
bb008fb184bb5f524e62d52727f699d2.jpg

At least their level and the tires/lift somewhat compliment each other.

I was googling bumpers for my truck when I came across his trucks. The Chevy looks ok but he has to many LED's on both them for me. Not a huge fan of light are on the roof of trucks

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
My 8" lift is more like a 5-6" lift. I have a 4" block in the rear and the front cv's are at a negative angle. The truck sits pretty L level but my damn 37's rub like sum'bitch!! I will be dropping down to 35's next set of tires. It sure does ride smooth though.

^^^^i agree,the white GMC has too much going on. Too many damn lights and a stock hood would look better.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
My 6" is also closer to a 5" and mine rides as good or better than a stock truck on 35's. I have load helper bags so it doesn't squat out under load. It's all about set-up. Cranking bars will make it ride rougher for sure.

I will say without the engine in though it is a bit raked back lol. Maybe not for much longer though. Trying to work something out with a stock engine........

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I find it funny how the front end high started as a prerunner/off road suspension setup to the Cali lean to now this retarded dangerous crap.

Had that look before the Cali lean was even a thing. I feel like that song Barbara Mandrell sang "I was country, when country wasn't cool" lmao.

At the end of the day, fads come and go and I can respect a well built rig

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Took this picture yesterday. Who thinks this is cool? My truck didn't squat this bad with a 1,000 pound bale of hay in it last week.

Attachments

• IMG_7261.JPG
    IMG_7261.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 47