Question: Weird turn signal problem...

Canadian Cowboy

May 2, 2011
Detroit,MI-Windsor,ON
Hey. I recognize that write up. :D

btw. I didn't bang on it to get it off. Just wiggled it a little bit and gave it a pull and it came right off. But, I do recommend the correct puller though.

I know you didn't,I only mentioned that important fact as I have replaced a few upper steering column shafts from people using a hammer to remove the wheel.
I hope your article was not copyrighted. :D

CC

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I know you didn't,I only mentioned that important fact as I have replaced a few upper steering column shafts from people using a hammer to remove the wheel.
I hope your article was not copyrighted. :D

CC

Copyrighted? Nope. I made it for those that needed it. And the ones using a hammer to remove the wheel, well, I'll keep my mouth shut on that. I don't have nice words for them. I have seen it done, and cringed every time.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Well. Finally got around to installing the new turn signal. Didn't solve the problem. It's off to Napa tomorrow for a new flasher module. I was able to pull the column apart without removing the steering wheel, but I disconnected the battery for 45 minutes prior to working on it anyhow.

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
First off I hate Electrical issues, ha ha They cause me to think way to hard. I have not seen this perticular problem, But it reminds me of a bad ground. I have had lights all come on when any light was lite, and included running lights flashing while turn signals were on. I have had it effect the truck while the trailer was where the problem was, on a road tractor. Just a idea if You run into more problems.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I was going to replace my flasher module also, but I took it apart and cleaned it with contact cleaner. Then I bent the springs on the relays, and taped them lightly with a hammer just in case they were magnetized when not energized.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
The module fixed it. My first big clue should have been thelack of a clicking noise when the signal was on (the clicking would have been the relay opening and closing). Oh well. Live and learn.

UPS DRVR

BROWN TRUCK DRIVER
Apr 13, 2008
Saegertown, PA
I'm having this problem now . When I turn on the left turn signal the 4- ways come on, but only with the left signal not with the right.