LB7: Urgent help needed ASAP! Terrible thing happened after HG job!

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Looks like pretty cool stuff the keensert :)

I finished up yesterday afternoon and fired the truck. Started just fine and idled well. So I took it for a drive. It drove just fine....

On my return home I opened the hood to notice a little white smoke. Nothing alarming like before just a slight amount. I immediately opened the oil filler neck and found slight little puffs of white greyish smoke. Unsure I pulled my EFI Live and the balance rates were all within +/-3 in both park and drive indicating that everything should be normal... Is it normal for the dmax to puff a little smoke through the oil filler neck. I just want to be re-assured everything is good.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
After they get some miles on them they will have some blow by.Best to make a short vid and post it but im sure you are fine.Glad you got it up and running:thumb:

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Well after driving it a little more I notice no apparent blow by. I can't even take a vid to show it. Maybe it was just a residual something that needed to clear out.

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Relief doesn't even begin to describe it lol! I drove my truck in to work this morning and boy was I happy. It was a pretty big job and of course if I had pulled the motor out or lifted the cab it would have been easier but I just didn't have the tools to do that and in all honesty it doesn't seem as hard when you can keep the motor in.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Relief doesn't even begin to describe it lol! I drove my truck in to work this morning and boy was I happy. It was a pretty big job and of course if I had pulled the motor out or lifted the cab it would have been easier but I just didn't have the tools to do that and in all honesty it doesn't seem as hard when you can keep the motor in.
I agree i have a lift and could lift the cab but i choose not to.

My partner on the other hand cant wait to pull a cab:rolleyes: