UDP Cat filter adapters

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Just had a good buying experience with Underground Diesel Performance in Vegas. Bought one of their Cat 2 micron filter adapters for a buddies LLY service truck. Fitment was great, and no leaks. I thought they were more expensive but UDP was apparently blowing them out. I paid 59 bucks shipped and it came right when they said it would. Nice to have some good customer service these days.
228D875B-FB88-4642-B694-D3B092866006-7715-00000DFFCEDE421D.jpg

6B415E71-9AFB-445D-8028-902C12C48A3B-7715-00000DFFC5F9EAF5.jpg

C370EE70-9DBD-4993-A4B2-6C97535E1B0F-7715-00000DFFBD3CE665.jpg

2717AE32-8B2C-417E-B693-1B615952B906-7715-00000DFFB48F6EBA.jpg

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
undeground is the best! i have one on my truck and absolutely love it!!! come to think of it.... ithink its time i change the filter

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Are they a s/v here? I try to support our vendors when I can. BTW, I get 3960 filters at NAPA for $15. :)

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Are they a s/v here? I try to support our vendors when I can. BTW, I get 3960 filters at NAPA for $15. :)

Not that I know of Tom. I just thought I'd share a positive buying experience I had with them. Anymore now I call to buy stuff for my pickup and the person on the other end could give a s*** less about my order. With them it was different.

dzacco

Jan 6, 2013
I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Will the Donaldson P553203 or the P553207 filter work with this adapter? I'm a little leary of not having the water separator. Does the adapter just screw on to the factory filter mount? What's the fuel head spacer all about?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona

Not that I know of Tom. I just thought I'd share a positive buying experience I had with them. Anymore now I call to buy stuff for my pickup and the person on the other end could give a s*** less about my order. With them it was different.

They are available through me :thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I use those as well......oops on edit i use the deep filter Tom.

I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Will the Donaldson P553203 or the P553207 filter work with this adapter? I'm a little leary of not having the water separator. Does the adapter just screw on to the factory filter mount? What's the fuel head spacer all about?
If its a 14-1 filter base it should.

Could just build your own and get rid of that under hood filter.

Attachments

• Mazda 3 and lmm duramax 264.JPG
    Mazda 3 and lmm duramax 264.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 172

Duraskank

Flippin Rides
Nov 30, 2011

Yes it screws right on and done. The spacer just pushes the head out for easier access. If you're that worried about a water separator get an air dog IMO.

Never had issues with UDP's adapters. Fit and work great.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Can this be used with a pureflow AirDog 2 165DF ?

I want to run the cat filter instead of the airdog replacement

Thanks!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I was looking at getting some of these for our trucks. We stock those filters as it is so it would be nicer.

Initially I switched every filter I could to Napa Gold for convieniance. Lately i've been reviewing the filters quality, reviews and pricing.

Most of the Napa Gold filters are good. Id actually go as far to say you can follow traditional methods and not have issues with any Napa Gold.

However what sparked my review was the allison spin on. I got a few with goofy threads but they still worked just were a PITA to get started. I also had a couple people request allison filters. I always knew the prices were close and they are. Napa is still convieniant but I usually just have someone or myself swing through when getting other parts in town. My allison dealer only stocks one of each pan filter and a few spin ons though. For no extra cost to me , everybody else gets the warm fuzzy feeling their truck has a genuine allison filter haha.

Now the CAT filters. When it comes to warranty on our machines I am picky. Ive seen too many tricks pulled that I like to cover my bases. So I use all CAT filters and fluids except for engine oil, in our skid steers. Their ELC coolant is rated to 12,000hrs so I'm not too worried there but i do keep 4, 5 gallon pails around incase the Milk Truck decides to loose it all. Its $58 for 5 gallons premixed. Their advanced 10w hydraulic fluid I cant remember the price on. I do remember it was cheaper than the excavator ("smurf oil") fluid CNH used which was over $100 per pail. Cat doesnt tell you that there is nothing better than their fluids, they just give minimum specs to meet. They also give you long intervals and rarely reccomend anything but S.O.S.

When I needed an oil filter for our milk truck in a pinch I grabbed the Cat high efficiency filter at the dealer for it. I was surprised it was only $29 . Turns out the Napa gold filter was only a dollar less and that was the stand efficiency version.
Many of us have seen the differences built into Cat filters. The oil filter mentioned above has an inch thick flange like a hydraulic filter would. The napa one is stamped. O ring is also a little nicer. Whether these two things would change anything I couldnt tell you. The SOS i sent in for that truck came back perfect with no signs of contamination after 20,000miles on cheap ($7/gal) conventional oil.

Ive been utterly surprised dealing with Cat on these skid steers. I figured we were going to be spending a lot of money on parts, bolts filters etc that are yellow with Cat written all over them. Instead Ive found they are more reasonable on parts than most other OEMs I deal with. I think alot of it has to do with their organization and streamlining.

Volvo construction may be the worst we deal with. While we all love that loader and never need parts for it, when we do it hurts. I priced a radiator for our 140hp wheel loader, over $7,000 . I crapped my pants and so did the parts guy. So I got it repaird for $450. I think volvo must plan on you fixing it or filing an insurance claim.

We had the back end get smashed up last snow storm. Just to replace the rear grille is $1,600.

Heck half of a door latch was $120. That didnt even include the actual half that contains the jaws.

Okay im done now. Onto the next thread somewhere. Long night/all nighter. Procrastinating a bit.

Whos package do you cradle to get Napa filters that low Tom?