LML Twins or single?

dezl

Oct 26, 2009
I personally wouldn't worry about the trans right away.. Me and my brother both had lmls with 10mm cp3 conversions and he had a 475 over stock and I had a single 468.. My stock transmission took that fine for a good long while and his did too.. If you don't go out and beat on it every day it should be fine BUT, you should always be ready to get it built at any time lol..

I'm sure the tuning was set extremely mild with twin on a stock trans.

to the OP, trans first, then twins

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I'm sure the tuning was set extremely mild with twin on a stock trans.

to the OP, trans first, then twins
No on the lml Kory don't hold back much.. It ran very good, I'd say it was just as good as my single 468 on my truck and I had Kory keep turning it up until it was very strong..

And those of you that say a lml don't run good with a single fixed vane obviously haven't had the right person tuning them or something.. Mine ran awesome, lots of power and very little smoke once lit up..

I miss that truck now..

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
You guys are right. I had planned to build the trans first. But my previous lmm I threw the stg2r on it and drove it for a year and 20k miles and the stock trans never skipped a beat. I guess it would be more fun to drive being able to push the stock charger with not a worry in the world with the trans. So that being said, I guess I should still decide if I want to do twins or a Danville single so I can choose what converter to run..
Ya my lmm stock Trans took a serious beating with a lot done to the truck before I built my trans and I didn't build it because it broke I just wanted max effort tunes and had plans on getting 650hp but everyone on here said I'd be building the motor so I just got the max efforts still on stock turbo sticks and pump but man no shit it was night and day after getting the PPE stage 5 in her with tunes. I'd say I'm around 550hp give or take and I am plenty happy.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk