Turbo Sock Pics and Info

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Got everything on, Thanks Levi! :thumb::thumb: Still need to clean some stuff up, but looks way better

levi3.jpg

levi2.jpg

levi1.jpg

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Hopefully they're doing what you expected them to Brian. If I had to guess with all the blankets the reflective wrap on the lines aren't needed that badly anymore? :D

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I had thought of doing one of these last time I had mine apart. Noticable difference in anything on a stock charger truck with stock CP3/ bigger nozzles ?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I had thought of doing one of these last time I had mine apart. Noticable difference in anything on a stock charger truck with stock CP3/ bigger nozzles ?

Honestly, it wasn't really a noticeable change in initial spool up on a VVT truck. (Stock turbo, nozzle) They get quite a bit better in mid-range spool up though. They come up on boost harder/quicker once you're underway, passing gear, etc. Underhood temps are night and day difference. It also dropped 20 degrees off intake charge temps on a 80 degree day blasting around town. From 125 to 105. I ran it without a blanket first so the numbers are a little low if anything. Hope that helps! :)

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Honestly, it wasn't really a noticeable change in initial spool up on a VVT truck. (Stock turbo, nozzle) They get quite a bit better in mid-range spool up though. They come up on boost harder/quicker once you're underway, passing gear, etc. Underhood temps are night and day difference. It also dropped 20 degrees off intake charge temps on a 80 degree day blasting around town. From 125 to 105. I ran it without a blanket first so the numbers are a little low if anything. Hope that helps! :)

I need one for my s366

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN

OK. PM me a price shipped to a business 37172 , stock LBZ charger/ natural finish. Thanks Levi

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Was more curious than anything. Always thought they were more for competition use.

Not necessarily. They work in both applications but I would say they're just as helpful in a DD/tow rig where underhood temps can get high enough to cause burning issues with the factory underhood insulation. Good piece of mind knowing the heat is where it's supposed to be.