Turbo Sock Pics and Info

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Here's pics of a few of the blankets I do for those who haven't seen any of them. All the blankets are 3 layers 1/2" thick rated for 1800 degrees continuous and short excursions to 3000 degrees. I have blankets on dozens of 800+HP trucks and you'll never get the blankets too hot to touch with your bare hand. I've personally laid my hands on the blankets after 2200 degree sled pull passes without getting burned, feels more like laundry fresh from the dryer. They are all sent with stainless steel ties to hold the blankets on.
I can also do custom hot pipe, header, and up pipe blankets. Got questions? Ask away.

S300-14.jpg

Stock 04.5-up Duramax Turbo Sock
S300-12.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

Installed Duramax Turbo Sock
DuramaxInstalled-5.jpg

Stock LB7
LB7Duramax3paint.jpg

Non gated S300/S400
eba.jpg

e.jpg

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Is it possible to make a stock LB7 blanket with more of a rear extension to cover the first 1/4 of a 3.5" downpipe?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Is it possible to make a stock LB7 blanket with more of a rear extension to cover the first 1/4 of a 3.5" downpipe?

Sorry Tom, I just plain missed your post. My apologies. :eek: Yes, I can add material to the blanket anywhere you need me to. How far down are you wanting to cover? A separate blanket for the DP will probably easier to install if you're wanting to go farther than a few inches on the DP.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Levi
Im in need of 3 blankets! Not really sure how to get dimension exact for you?

Ill just call you when i get a chance:) love your stuff man

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Levi
Im in need of 3 blankets! Not really sure how to get dimension exact for you?

Ill just call you when i get a chance:) love your stuff man

Awwww, thanks Simon. :hug: Making me feel all warm and fuzzy. :rofl: Call me when you get a chance, I'll only need a couple dimensions, and they're pretty straight forward to take too. :thumb:

Last edited:

GeorgiaDuramax

Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Georgia
Love mine Levi! Definitely high quality products with awesome customer service! I definitely recommend you to others around here!:thumb:

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Are there any noticeable performance gains that anybody who has one have noticed? I hear I cuts down on spool time, is this true and if so how much?

quentomania

Feb 3, 2009
have a black one on my s475, has not faded or frayed. going to order one for the stock turbo soon. Pretty amazing how cool they stay.:thumb:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Mind as well ask..., will this fit a S366 HTT? mine is T3 gated.. :thumb:

http://crdpower.com/product.sc?productId=36&categoryId=3

Yes.

curious about a s366 .80 t3 and s483 136 ar t6

I can do both. The 366 internally gated?

Love mine Levi! Definitely high quality products with awesome customer service! I definitely recommend you to others around here!:thumb:

Thanks Tyler!

Blankets look good? do they dicolour after a while or start to frey the stitching?

No, not normally. The blankets never get too hot to touch so they don't discolor, I've had one on my truck a few years now and it's still as black as the day I put it on with the exception of a bit of dust/dirt.
have a black one on my s475, has not faded or frayed. going to order one for the stock turbo soon. Pretty amazing how cool they stay.:thumb:

:)

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
can you pm me a price for a sock for an s472.

and i also need something i can either wrap around the downpipe or put on the firewall to block heat from the downpipe....