LB7: Turbo go boom need opinoins on rebuild

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
oil leak is coming from the back but im sure its not the rear main think its the upper oil pan or the adapter plate. i tightned the line up think ill still take it off an clean it up an re install it. guess i'll be pulling the trans an the lower pan to check things out pisses me off whats everyone seen a stock cp3 support for a pulse width on 45% overs i think me an mike-s have the pw set at 2200? its holding 25k fine :thumb: pulling 40lbs of boost runs freaking awesome still damn oil leak pisses me off:mad:

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I had a leak in the rear it was my oil return line that bolts to the top rear cover, I just made me a new one an RTV it, works fine, that may be your problem, just trying to help.
Good Luck,

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Also check and see if the oil is coming out of the drip hole of the bell housing. When you installed the rear main seal around the metal ring did you use and sealer on it of it of any type alittle Gm gray or loctite works. Also did to replace the two o rings on the back cover how much Gm gray sealer did you use.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
I didnt use the gm sealant used other stuff that works just as good an i used alot but not to much to cause a leak and nothing is coming out of the trans drip hole no oil on the converter either an ya there wasnt a gasket on the oil line buddy hwelping me didnt put it in but truck is still leaking oil fairly bad an yes i wasched the back side of the engine reallly well still leaking seams like its coming from the upper pan around the area the adapter plate ties to it the bolts were tight checked them couple hours ago then found out that the return line for the turbo had no gasket were it ties into the housing there i was hoping that was my problem but to no avil and im pretty sure i lost a couple injectors today smokes white pretty good balance rates were perfect friday but there have to be bad ones now im really sick of this truck :mad:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
Well number 4 is bad it was bout to 9 when we checked it gotta couple that are close to 3 but all the others were in the 0.8-2.0 range so started taking parts off tonight gotta stripp upper valve cover bolt i gotta figure out how im going to get out might just have to pull the whole thing as one piece :mad:

Last edited: