TS Outlaw Drags called off! (From CompD)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Not really significant. Most the ProStreet decisions have been made or heavily influenced by those who don't race.

There was no mention of cutting the track in half until shortly before the event. I predicted there would be no vote. There wasn't.

Yeah, I know, it was the weather, the sun was in my eyes, I left my race shoes at home, blah-de-blah-blah... That clique should get into AutoX. Spin, spin, spin.

You need to face reality. Nobody in charge of these events is very good at telling the truth, or setting up a fair race. Not TSNADMDHRA at least. Got to give it up to the NHDRA guys though. So far nobody is trying to rig their events to get an advantage.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I race 1/8 mile on 1/8 tracks, I know it going in and in lots of places that's all there is. What bothers me is racing 1/8 mile on a good 1/4 mile track, especially if all the other classes are racing 1/4 mile, and there are no safety issues. I was so let down last year in Bakersfield when I finally got to see Stucky's truck and then they called it at 1/8 mile. As I stated before there was also a huge hole in the classes under the rules for TS IF they had decided to race 1/8 mile. Realistically there were probably only 3 maybe 4 trucks with a legitimate chance to win at TS especially at 1/8 mile if in fact what they say is true and they break more often in the last 1/8 mile. The trucks I'm talking about are the 10-11 second trucks whose only chance of winning is to outlast the faster trucks by not breaking.

This is ground already covered, I stated this before and even wrote to Dennis, maybe it can be addressed next year if there is a next year.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
NHRA doesn't like 1/8 mile racing either. Even after losing a driver in a top end accident recently, they dropped to 1000 feet in top fuel instead of clear down to an 1/8 mile. They left everything else 1/4, and plan to take top fuel back to 1320 when they resolve the safety issues.

To me that's proof that the general public prefers the 1/4. ;)

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
The 1/4 is where all bragging rights lay . There is no ? that this is the way it should be if no safety issues . Some tracks are only 1/8 mile , that is different and what you do when no choice and you want to race . For all the top dogs at an event like this the crowd definately wants to see 1/4 mile racing . I didnt understand that being the case at Bakersfield . It is a 1/4 mile track and looked forward to seeing the fast trucks run 1/4 . I didnt understand that at all making it 1/8 . Im not getting the reasoning to do this or why you would want this at TS . Guys are there to run the 1/4 .