Strange issues with our 2006 Duramax

islandgirl62

On the road again......
May 22, 2011
Live in a 5th Wheel Full-time!
I'm sure glad i seen this thread!! My truck is having all of the issues stated above i took it to the dealer and they told me that it was the aftermarket alarm system and charged me 250$ to remove it. Well that was two weeks ago and the problems came back so now the dealer wants to charge me 600$to replace the entire fuse box.

I hope it helped! We sure didn't want to take our to a dealer because we knew they'd rape us on it. I got lots of great advice from the great folks here on the forum and saved ourselves a TON of money!!

zuhlke07

Jan 21, 2013
hasnt been active for a while now,
i got identical symptoms...
abs light is very dim and will start to blink as the truck starts moving.
no a/c,no turn signals, brake light on and abs light on very dim.

i tried moving the terminals on the ecm relay but it didnt help at all. idk what else to try, got me stumped

islandgirl62

On the road again......
May 22, 2011
Live in a 5th Wheel Full-time!
We don't have that truck anymore, but I was having a discussion with a diesel mechanic the other day about these strange electrical issues with the '05 and '06 Chevys. He told me that most of them are caused by the BCM (body control module). If we'd known this before we got rid of it, we would definitely have tried that fix. Wish one of the other numerous mechanics we had it in to would have known to try that. Loved that truck! But the electrical issues got to be too much. We replaced both batteries 3 different times, and replaced the alternator 2 or 3 times. In the end, it would light up, the door bell would ding, everything looking like normal, but as soon as you turned the key, it would "act dead". Barely hook up jumper cables and it would fire up immediately. We would have it out on a job site, been running for better than an hour....turn it off, and 2 minutes later it would not start....playing 'possum on us. Very frustrating. Finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore, so traded it in. Now we're stuck with all the sucky government regulation BS on the newer truck.