LLY: Some goods

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Motor is coming together nicely. Didn't know you were putting something together.

How's the search going for the truck's body parts you need, Riley?

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Yes Tom I have been acquiring parts for the last 2 years or so. I was able to find rods and pistons here from guys that changed their minds. I worked a 63 night shutdown at work and started buying more stuff. Wagler did the machine work and assembly. I wanted to do the assembly myself, but time has became very valuable to me, and experience also. I am going to pick up a cab off an 06 Friday, that is only a 30 drive from home. However I am getting ready to start 7/12's again at work, so it will be sometime in September before I can continue working on it. This is how it sits for now, I stripped it down to this Sunday afternoon
zu9ugehe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

marshallb

Jul 24, 2012
Terre Haute, IN
I had the privilege of seeing this motor up close, it is very impressive. Its a shame about the body damage. Hopefully come September this truck will be ripping up the roads again.

This thread and seeing this motor has definitely re-inspired my diesel enthusiasm.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Look at the bright side, it'd be a good time to strip it down to the frame and paint and clean everything! :D :thumb:

Of course you would mention that. I have thought about blasting it and powder the frame

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Removed all the loom today, and removed wiring for egr, wif, fuel htr, and the vvt wiring also. Repinned the ficm for the cam also
rahy7u8a.jpg

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Lookin' good sir. Sounds like a solid build, are you going with the same paint scheme on the truck? I really liked your combo.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Blue and gray will be on it still, but I am unsure of the exact scheme. I am leaving it up to my paint guy. He asked what I thought this time, I told him he had an open canvas.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Finally had some time this afternoon to do a little work to it cab off motor out.
yseza9uh.jpg
9u6u5u9a.jpg

Surprise a busted motor mount

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
sold built trans out of it, to build another. Also started to reloom the engine harness today, kind of regretting that now...:eek:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Made some progress today. Other than swapping idler pulleys and a shorter belt, any reason this belt routing won't work?
2a6y6ady.jpg

coalroller83

May 9, 2012
I would think that setup would slip on the a/c compressor.

Agreed. I'd drop to the idler between the a/c compressor and your dual pump, run from the fan idler straight over to the p/s pump.

LB7 CC SB, 10mm Exergy, 30% injectors, AirDog II 200, billet Stage V Trans, River City 66/74 IHI, Turbonetics Intercooler, PPE up-pipes/manifolds, complete engine ARP studded, Flex-a-Lite fan, AlliLocker, E-Locker, TrueTrac, topped off with EFILIVE, to name a few... :)