Show off your new tools!!!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Everybody on here has to be getting some kind of new tools they want to show off. Post them up, doesnt matter what they are or where they came from. Just a thread for those who like tools.

I'll kick it off, finally got back to buying a few more tools again after buying and remodeling a house. I'm a little obsessed with German engineering and quality and Knipex supports my beliefs fully. Never thought I could have so much fun reading through 200 pages of pliers in their catalog.

I already have some of their cutters for various things and a handful of their dedicated precision snap ring pliers as well as their full line of pliers wrenchs, but today my latest order showed up. All but the smallest Cobra self locking water pump pliers (The "king" cobras are 22"), as well as their largest straight internal and external snap ring pliers( a little over 12" long, up to 7" shaft capacity). Of course these showed up today when last night i couldve used them for assembling a C1/C2 hub.

I also picked up two Metabo angle grinders. A 4 1/2" quick change grinder and 9" grinder. Very smooth and comforrable.

Only have a pick of the new pliers, once i get the drawer reorganized again ill put up a pic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354690618365.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354690618365.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 401

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
If the Snap On guy plays his cards right, I may buy an electric 3/8ths impact from him today.

Those guns are little badasses! I pulled a headbolt from an ISB for shiz and giggles!

My most recent purchase was a 3/4 Drive Cornwell impact, dont have a pic sorry

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
If you like German made tools have you ever seen or used the Wera Brand Zyclop socket sets? I have the 3/8ths sae and metric sets they are very nice.Very well made and very expensive.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well I needed a #2 phillips screwdriver but cant decide between the brands so i ordered one from each to see which one I like best and will use in the future when the craftsman pros break (which they do alot).

Ordered a Felo, Wera and Wiha.

Also bought a Zebralight H600w 700 lumen LED headlight, and a Nitecore EC1 280 Lumen flashlight for EDC as its only 2.5" long.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
If the Snap On guy plays his cards right, I may buy an electric 3/8ths impact from him today.

the 14.4? Im not a fan of them myself. to bulky in my opinion. I like this little guy
45BBB5BA-4814-4DA7-BB0D-39100C818E7D-50340-00001A918F1019C7.jpg

Im a big fan of green snap on. Seeing as how i make my living with my tools, thats how i justify all the money i have in them :thumb:

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks Scott. its a pretty sweet little impact. For half the price of the 14.4 volt snap on one. Also not to make it a brand war, i have plenty of snap on tools, but i paid 225 bucks for this impact and have only ran across one fastener it wouldnt take out. Also I work on semi trucks and big rigs. I use that dewalt working on duramax motors to and i havent found any bolt on the duramax it wont take out.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Ive got an old milwaukee that i really like just bought 2 new batts for it because it still worked good just needed batts

I remodel homes for work and milwaukee is the only tool I'll buy... I have drills from 9 years ago that still work, original batteries too. I work the piss out them and they haven't let me down yet. Had one newer milwaukee 18v drill motor burn out but thats the only one so far. Same for bypass saws, sawzalls, table saws, impacts, grinders etc.

I have a couple Bosch tools and they're a pretty god deal for the price.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I remodel homes for work and milwaukee is the only tool I'll buy... I have drills from 9 years ago that still work, original batteries too. I work the piss out them and they haven't let me down yet. Had one newer milwaukee 18v drill motor burn out but thats the only one so far. Same for bypass saws, sawzalls, table saws, impacts, grinders etc.

Ive been looking at the bosch stuff for replacing our aged 18v dewalt stuff at the farm. Just wish they wiuld bring more of their brushless stuff over here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
the 14.4? Im not a fan of them myself. to bulky in my opinion. I like this little guy
45BBB5BA-4814-4DA7-BB0D-39100C818E7D-50340-00001A918F1019C7.jpg

Im a big fan of green snap on. Seeing as how i make my living with my tools, thats how i justify all the money i have in them :thumb:

I have the 20 volt 1/4" impact driver and flashlight. Light is for when my main lights batteries go dead. Works great. Been using the driver for almost a year and love it. Used to use the Craftsman C3 impact driver but the main body cracked after about 1 year. So it got replaced and couldn't be happier so far.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill

I have an old Milwaukee right angle i drill i still use thats got and all aluminum body no reverse and no varible speed lol its tought to back it out with a pipe wrench but the thing is tough as nails and since ive had it it hasnt needed to be rebuilt yet.I did buy a Dewalt 1/2 battery impact i wasnt very impressed with it the torque just idnt there i think my milwaukee has more guys but i bring it to the track if someone heends to change tires it runs the lug nut on and off fast.