Rod and Piston Options

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Accelerator is Wade Moody.

He doesn't race Duramaxes, nor has he built one last I checked, he just yaps alot. He calls all the Dmax shops, gets info, then posts it on the internet to back up his "vast experience" with them.

If he wants to start trashing Dmax folk again, he will become a Pinata here again. Everyone can take a swing, but you must share the candy.

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
very few accually "claim" ( seen with there own eyes) that the caps walk with studs.....every engine builder besides those few think it is a waste of money, in any engine build,let alone a street engine.

our d-max engines are built just like the old hemi engines back in the day, cross bolt design's are THE strongest design out there---bar none!

the cummins has a standard designed cap and with studs never has walking issue's and understand that the cummins makes WAY more TQ and HP than d-max'es are right now and turning more RPM with a rotation assy twice what the d-max is......and guess what it's cast iron just like the d-max material! so with that said i think that insisting the use of a billet cap is taking money based on others ignorance.
Say what you want, most of you will be eating crow shortly..

So, like it or not that is why and how i feel. Take my opinion or leave it :cool2:

Last edited:

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
Actually "line hone" is less letters than "align hone"; and "a line hone" is less letters than "an align hone":joker: :angel:

I have dealt with Guy alot, I've called to buy parts from him and had him talk me out of buying them because I didn't need them. I feel he has always steered me write when it came to what I needed and didn't need.

On edit, after seeing your edit: No $h*t he makes money on his parts sales. That's called business - you make money to pay the bills, your employees, and yourself. Sorry you are bitter he didn't want to build or sell you something for free.

Maybe with your aluminum (limited lifespan) rods you don't need billet caps, but they certainly aren't a bad idea. Guy isn't the only one selling billet caps.

Dustin, i have no bitterness towards guy. he runs his bussiness the way he wants to, we have exchanged words and let it go, that is over and i forgave what was said/done. he has much knowledge in engine building, but like most folks i did not agree with everything he offered. but that's what makes us americans, we can choose what we want when we want.

I went the aluminum rod route because every one said i could not do it! i have always done what was said couldent be done. it allowed us to achieve the results we wanted. anyway, we found a way to make it work and it is very nice to have been the first to be a part of such a innovation, and there are a lot of things i have not spoken about that are part of our engine program, that is sure to boost the diesel performance crowd. this is no longer a duramax, it's a race engine!

all i can say is that im very happy with the results so far, still have many hills to climb though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Dustin, i have no bitterness towards guy. he runs his bussiness the way he wants to, we have exchanged words and let it go, that is over and i forgave what was said/done. he has much knowledge in engine building, but like most folks i did not agree with everything he offered. but that's what makes us americans, we can choose what we want when we want.

I went the aluminum rod route because every one said i could not do it! i have always done what was said couldent be done. it allowed us to achieve the results we wanted. anyway, we found a way to make it work and it is very nice to have been the first to be a part of such a innovation, and there are a lot of things i have not spoken about that are part of our engine program, that is sure to boost the diesel performance crowd. this is no longer a duramax, it's a race engine!

all i can say is that im very happy with the results so far, still have many hills to climb though.

:blah: :blah: :blah: You can't put a naturally aspirated Duramax into the 9s in the 1/4 on fuel only. Let's see you do that :rolleyes: :D

FWIW, Guy never tried to sell me anything. I asked him questions, and he answered. Billet main caps were never even mentioned.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
i have always done what was said couldent be done. ..., and there are a lot of things i have not spoken about that are part of our engine program, that is sure to boost the diesel performance crowd. this is no longer a duramax, it's a race engine!

You can't spill the beans on what you are building and the results you are so happy about.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You have to be a member to read that site, and I ain't. Why don't you just post some timeslips instead? How can you know what parts are what, unless you've beaten the crap out of them?
I think he doesn't have it running yet. If he has he hasn't posted about it, and it definitely seems like he's the type to toot his own horn...

This is my favorite post from that thread:

Maybe they have figured you out.

How about I just punch you in the mouth and get it over with!!

Im sick and tired of YOU and your cronies running your mouth, not knowing shit about WHO your talking to.

If you have nothing on topic to add here stay out!
:joker:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Wade Moody might have some valuable contributions to this site, I dunno.

What I do know is he is not capable of posting in tech areas for very long without attacking anyone.

We really have no need for him here because of that. He is most welcome to hang out at Dmaxcentral.com . He is always welcome to read this board, as is everyone, but he sucks at posting on the internet. Too much of a prick to anyone and everyone.

Whether or not aftermarket main caps are necessary? I can say that I haven't seen a problem with OEM main caps yet, but the thread is about Rods and Pistons.

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
Wade Moody might have some valuable contributions to this site, I dunno.

What I do know is he is not capable of posting in tech areas for very long without attacking anyone.

We really have no need for him here because of that. He is most welcome to hang out at Dmaxcentral.com . He is always welcome to read this board, as is everyone, but he sucks at posting on the internet. Too much of a prick to anyone and everyone.

Whether or not aftermarket main caps are necessary? I can say that I haven't seen a problem with OEM main caps yet, but the thread is about Rods and Pistons.

I agree with the latter part.:D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I agree with the latter part.:D

Yeah, but my opinion is not based on marketing, it's based on 4 years of racing these trucks. While you don't see any difference, maybe others do.

The important part for you though, is you stop being a dick to everyone here if you wish to have posting priviledges. It's pretty simple. Just don't do it. Next slam you post out-of-the-blue at anyone in a tech thread is going to start the restrictions as a Hostile Vendor.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For other readers:

Sorry guys, everyone here wants to ban Wade Moody except me. Perhaps I need to reconsider.

He's been given more leeway here than others have. Everytime he's given another chance he starts hassling people again. We don't need diesel shops who can't act professional here.

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
Yeah, but my opinion is not based on marketing, it's based on 4 years of racing these trucks. While you don't see any difference, maybe others do.

The important part for you though, is you stop being a dick to everyone here if you wish to have posting priviledges. It's pretty simple. Just don't do it. Next slam you post out-of-the-blue at anyone in a tech thread is going to start the restrictions as a Hostile Vendor.

Point taken, just be sure that the normal "baiting" is not accepted and there will be no problems on my end. Just like anyone else i want to learn and also be able to teach when i can . I enjoy this forum and would like for others to read beyond the keyboard, apparently my personality over the net is not the same as in person, so understand that i may not in fact always mean what i type, issues like this are only over the net....

moveing on..:hug: