Rail pressure sensor

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I've got my 36K rail sensor now, any insight on scaling the table to make it read correct? set the 5 vole cell at 36K and blend it?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Bumping this up.

What did you find out?

I have a 2000 bar rail sensor off a 6.7 Cummins sitting here, wondering if it would be beneficial and if anyone has done it.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Has anyone found out at what pressure the S&S injectors quit flowing fuel?

Also, what do LLY S&S "4600s" equate to in % over? I have 400% overs on the way for my dyno tuning session and just curious what pressure to stay away from.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Has anyone found out at what pressure the S&S injectors quit flowing fuel?

Also, what do LLY S&S "4600s" equate to in % over? I have 400% overs on the way for my dyno tuning session and just curious what pressure to stay away from.
We run 4600 lbz'sfrom Andrew. They equate to 400% he has said. My math puts them at 485%. But he doesn't like to use percentage. Accurate way to measure is the flow rate. On our flow chart, ea injector ranges from 4520 to 4620, hence the model name '4600'.

Our injectors will literally shut off just shy of 30k. I had pulled my hair out trying to figure it out one pull at a time in 2016, but then was able to duplicate it on the engine dyno in spring of 17, to figure out where to cap the pressure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That would be great. I ordered them through Lincoln Diesel. I thought S&S was Andrew and several others. Thought maybe he left or something. Wasn’t quite sure with the way you were wording it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Our injectors will literally shut off just shy of 30k.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but has that been replicated on a flow bench? Just an easy way of isolating the issue, that's all. I know you mentioned this in an other thread a few months ago...

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but has that been replicated on a flow bench? Just an easy way of isolating the issue, that's all. I know you mentioned this in an other thread a few months ago...
The only way to keep it from happening is to limit rail. I have nailed it down to that via probably ten failed runs at the track and then on the dyno.

But when I asked Andrew about it, he was not aware of an issue but admitted to not having any experience nor interest in running this caliber of a fuel system with a OEM ecm.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It’s not an ECM problem. I can guarantee you that the LLY ECM is perfectly happy commanding, and seeing 240 MPA of rail pressure. Have dozens and dozens of logs of my truck doing just that.

Has Andrew ever ran those injectors on a test stand at those pressures?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
It’s not an ECM problem. I can guarantee you that the LLY ECM is perfectly happy commanding, and seeing 240 MPA of rail pressure. Have dozens and dozens of logs of my truck doing just that.

What rail sensor are you using?

The test sheets show he only tests them up to 180mpa. 26106psi.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I can’t remember. Steve sent it to
me years ago along with the proper scaling chart. I think he said it came right from Bosch. But it’s been to long ago to say for sure. I think I put that in back in 2009.

I believe it maxes out at 240 or 245 MPA.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
We run 4600 lbz'sfrom Andrew. They equate to 400% he has said. My math puts them at 485%. But he doesn't like to use percentage. Accurate way to measure is the flow rate. On our flow chart, ea injector ranges from 4520 to 4620, hence the model name '4600'.

Our injectors will literally shut off just shy of 30k. I had pulled my hair out trying to figure it out one pull at a time in 2016, but then was able to duplicate it on the engine dyno in spring of 17, to figure out where to cap the pressure.

Glad to see you stuck with it and got it figured out , I hope to see you out there with Caleb when the weather warms up ! Good luck !

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

I never meant to insinuate it was a problem with the Ecm,
I have similarities to his issue before we figured out how high we had to scale the tables and how to taper things off

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I never meant to insinuate it was a problem with the Ecm,

I have similarities to his issue before we figured out how high we had to scale the tables and how to taper things off

What do you mean? Care to share what your issues were and how you fixed them?

techperry

GM Diesel Tech
Jun 1, 2014
If you have a sensor capable of reading the pressure what is the highest pressure you should put in an LLY?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
If you have a sensor capable of reading the pressure what is the highest pressure you should put in an LLY?

For making power, not sure. Every setup may be different, but general consensus is more pressure is more fuel. As far as safely functioning, the hard parts will handle about anything unless your injectors have problems like stated above.