Rail pressure sensor

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Has anyone ran a LML sensor and rescaled the table for it to be able to run 30K on an LLY or LBZ? or is there a sensor we can run to get it close? when I was tuning this on the dyno I saw 60 horse gain just going up 1500 psi. so I'm sitting at 180 mpa now. where does a factory lly sensor max out at? can I scale it to 200MPa or do I need a LML sensor?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I run a 200 mpa sensor on my lb7. Getting one from Exergy and scaling was much cheaper than getting a OEM one and scaling it. GM wants too much for the OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
This woul do the trick and it's cheap.
ea728305c9c30ba458551592b6f49a8c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I run a 200 mpa sensor on my lb7. Getting one from Exergy and scaling was much cheaper than getting a OEM one and scaling it. GM wants too much for the OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called exergy and he said they only had a 39K sensor. and that it didn't come with any kind of a scale to tell what Volts Vs psi to mod the scale. 300$ I don't mind spending that but it would be nice to know what scale the sensor runs on. any ideas?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
That's what I switched to over winter. Was able to duplicate our on-track problem from last season on the engine dyno last month and the injectors shut down at 28xxx so I didn't need that expensive/high limit of sensor

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
That's what I switched to over winter. Was able to duplicate our on-track problem from last season on the engine dyno last month and the injectors shut down at 28xxx so I didn't need that expensive/high limit of sensor

what do you mean they shut down?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
what do you mean they shut down?
Problem we ran into last year. Fast forward to 3:30. https://youtu.be/kimmhrgILdg
Had switched to 2 10mm pumps, so unlimited rail psi available. Only way I was able to get it to quit was to limit rail pressure, just to finish out the season.. Almost like they were being forced shut.

So I bought a 2400 bar sensor and went engine dynoing and was able to see when it did it. Maybe not all injectors will do it but ours sure do and it's a real conundrum when u can't figure it out.

Back in the day with two stock pumps and stock injectors with big nozzles, I'd just run regulators wide open. Let it make all the rp it could. The sensor would​stay pegged at 26107 the entire​ run. Who knows what it was able to make.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yeah I should get a 2nd 10MM to run on the belt. so far its holding rail with a 10MM and a stock lly pump and one fass 260.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Problem we ran into last year. Fast forward to 3:30. https://youtu.be/kimmhrgILdg
Had switched to 2 10mm pumps, so unlimited rail psi available. Only way I was able to get it to quit was to limit rail pressure, just to finish out the season.. Almost like they were being forced shut.

So I bought a 2400 bar sensor and went engine dynoing and was able to see when it did it. Maybe not all injectors will do it but ours sure do and it's a real conundrum when u can't figure it out.

Back in the day with two stock pumps and stock injectors with big nozzles, I'd just run regulators wide open. Let it make all the rp it could. The sensor would​stay pegged at 26107 the entire​ run. Who knows what it was able to make.

Who's injectors? LB7 I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Have you asked them about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea, Andrew thought it might be an operating system problem but had admitted to having no solid answers due to having no experience with oem ecms. Never really asked what max pressure he suggests, prob a tuning secret being he tunes most of the top puller's bosch Motorsport standalone setups.