Pump rub rings..who's got them and how much?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
In case you guys want to know. The tin plate fix which will last forever costs 5.00 to manufacture. The company that has a patent sells them for 10.00 per hundred. ( must buy 100 pieces to get that price.)

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
So if I order one from Merchant or Kennedy that's cool? I've been watching this because I want to deal with it when I swap the ally in. I don't really care if it's $10 or $100 when its going to save $1000.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Moved here. This pump rub is an issue for all the classic bodystyle 4x4 trucks and maybe the LMM's as well. Mike L would know better than me but if anyone has their trans out, it's probably a good idea to throw one of these in the T/C at the same time.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Roger that, thanks mike.

The fix does not have to be stout. It has to stay in place and not fall to the bottom of the T/C. The tin plate that I use is the same as Kennedy and will never fail. There is a question in my mind that my plate is very similer to the patented plate Kenndy uses and I will not sell it because of this. I use it in my shop only. I am not a whore like some people who had Joe Webb at Suncoast design them an aluminum plate for 200.00 and get cut off from sales because this whore found some one who could build him the sam plate for 40.00 and sell it for 250.00.

Bob-o

Drop the Hammer
Jan 30, 2011
Asheville N,C
Got me wrong!

Wow you guys are all jumping to a wrong conclusion here!
I had the same problem as everyone else here with a duramax with any miles on it..The hole.. In fact i have 2 work trucks with the same problem.
When I started getting prices to have the problem fixed.. I was floored!
I started doing research online to find out if i could do it for myself.
After I found out how.. I dId the work and found it not that difficult,still I was seeing people paying waaay too much for the parts and or work..
Sorry If anyone was offended by this, Just thought offering a low price for something That in my opinion people are paying too much for would be Inviting to some.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
The fix does not have to be stout. It has to stay in place and not fall to the bottom of the T/C. The tin plate that I use is the same as Kennedy and will never fail. There is a question in my mind that my plate is very similer to the patented plate Kenndy uses and I will not sell it because of this. I use it in my shop only. I am not a whore like some people who had Joe Webb at Suncoast design them an aluminum plate for 200.00 and get cut off from sales because this whore found some one who could build him the sam plate for 40.00 and sell it for 250.00.

Who has them for $250 :eek: I'll take 10...:roflmao:

Last edited: