LB7: No crank/no start/ no wts light

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Ok its running. Sounds like a beast. Had an air lock in the primer oump. Bled the air and the f.a.s.s fired up. Standing issues are:
No door chimes
No odometer
No 2hi/4hi/4lo on the auto selectors lit up
Wonder if there another mystery missing fuse? :confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Agreed. ^^ door chimes run thru the radio

Odometer could be the cluster itself. 03-up had a lot of problems with solder joints and stepper motors

Does the switch still change 2wd/4x4 even though the lights dont work?

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
Well well well... what a wierd day. Spent the night learning about the ignition system wiring and the glow plug wiring. Spent 10 seconds looking at the fuses and realized that someone prior to me buying the truck removed the bcm fuse.. was not in it at all. Put that in and voila it cranks.. powers up to the dash, glowplug circuit has power. I have a no start condition now. I have no sound coming out of my stereo. Door chimes not working either. I replaced the broken ignition tumbler and it came with a new key. How do i do the relearn function properly on an 03 lb7. I am hoping that this is it. Currently rechecking all of the fuses. What a nightmare for something so stupid i was kicking my ass all morning!

I figured that's what it was after everything you described. Unfortunately there's a reason why the previous owner pulled the BCM fuse and its not good. I'm guessing they had a BCM problem so they bought another one and tried to swap it in which wont work without being programmed to the truck. The BCM has to be programmed and synced in with the ECM. You're gonna have to go to a dealer and pay them to reflash BCM and "marry" it with the rest of the control modules in your truck for everything to work right. The rest of the problems you described a couple of posts up are all BCM related.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Agreed. ^^ door chimes run thru the radio

Odometer could be the cluster itself. 03-up had a lot of problems with solder joints and stepper motors

Does the switch still change 2wd/4x4 even though the lights dont work?

That button behind the key switch, might not be in correct spot, like crooked so it thinks key is always in, I played with mine like a kid debating whether to even let that annoying shit function when I changed my SIR coil.

Last edited:

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Yes it has a kenwood aftermarket deck(which i was assuming has the module that bipasses the door chimes)
I have not attempted to select any 4x4 yet it is still on the ramps- have a tank strap to change and a few other bolts to tighten up. Will check tomorrow. There is one more 30 amp fuse that is missing in 63rd location, any ideas? Ran out of spare fuses will have to run to crappy tire in the morning. If anyone has an idea let me know. Will update

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
It is labbeled as TREC 30 amp fuse. No idea what its for just started plunking fuses in. But didnt have a 30 amp left so left it until the morning.

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Transfer case control module.....
that would be why i have no odometer and 4x4 etc lol. Ill fire one in tomorrow morning.
By golly i think we got it all figured out. First time on a diesel and it was all due to someone elses stupidity.. anyways thanks guys

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
The truck ran like a champ for 30 mins tonight with no issue. Other than the odometer and hi lo range selectors not working- but due to missing fuses. I have no idea what possessed anyone to oull that many fuses
Crank fuse
Ignition E fuse
Bcm fuse
Amp fuse
TREC fuse
The first go around i found the missing crank and Ign E fuse... just unreal this has been 4-5 days of messing about. The ignition cylander needed changing also part of problem, and then passlock relearn. But eh if youre not learning, youre not living. Ill let all know if that is all the problems tomorrow when i put that last fuse in

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Yes im excited to see what this truck does.
Edge chip
FASS fuel system
Cat delete
5 inch exhaust
It sounds like a beast, will have to figure out how to change the settings in the EDGE controller.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yes im excited to see what this truck does.
Edge chip
FASS fuel system
Cat delete
5 inch exhaust
It sounds like a beast, will have to figure out how to change the settings in the EDGE controller.

By throwing it out and ordering an autocal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
There is nothing wrong with the edge if you are happy with the power output and how it runs. It will kill a stock trans just like an efi live tune can.

briencolgan

brien colgan
Jan 26, 2017
Ithaca, NY
Here's 3 fuses and 1 relay that will cause no crank no start. Noted with pencil arrows.

62470e03df8c4f06127f6b09070c9dd4.jpg

To check that starter relay in the photo set meter to ohms on terminals 87 and 30

Then run a jumper from batt+ to 86 and batt- to 30. The numbers are on the bottom of relay next to terminals but to hard to see.

671e640be631201bacde87b693829cdc.jpg

With battery voltage applied you should see continuity across the other terminals. I.e. Switch is Now closed. You also hear a positive click as the relay engages and closes that switch.

Here's a picture of your start schematic. And your ground location.

7ff99aedd327acd44e277c80c700aff6.jpg

Grounds G106, G100, and G105 shown at bottom right of starting and charging schematics. These are their locations.

0d7ce90d42362e07ac1b3d0c831436af.jpg

Well all three grounds just reference that page I posted. But here is more info on actual locations. It only looks like G100 is drawn.
3d7c81f6ab7bab7892ec6beb0c25ac77.jpg

495aef34cce2f9ed54af861a71fe0fd6.jpg

I'd start with inspecting and removing and cleaning all three grounds in terms of hitting the low hanging (and cheap) fruit first.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: wydopenLb7

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Trec fuse restored the hi lo range function. Still no odometer. I am certain all fuses are restored. Have not moved the truck yet still on the ramps, any suggestions?