LB7: No crank/no start/ no wts light

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Ok just bought the truck
2003 6.6 duramax lb7. I put new ring gear and starter in.
Charge up batteries and this is what i get:

No shift indicator light
No crank-starter can be jumped-will turn over but not start
No glow plug or wts light
Radio doesnt turn on
With key on truck can be put in gear without brake applied

Please help! I have checked all ignition fuses, ive tried jumping with my other truck, it has an Edge chip that also is not turning on. I bumped the key and the plastic ring fell off?
Im leaning on neutral safety switch but why no edge or cd okayer? And no glow plugs? Kind of noobish with electrical better at turning bolts.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Take the fuse box out and look underneath

You dropped the trans?

Dead batteries? Try new ones first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Battery cable ends are tight, starter is getting juice when. Ridged. Dash/lights all good. Bought the truck needing ring gear replaced. "Was running"

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Check and make sure there is an engine to body ground also.. I've seen those things do some weird shit

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
No, i know the truck was running prior. But found out tonight he had intermittent issue with. No crank problem before i changed the starter and flywheel. Tranny only slid back mot removed.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I can only think to see if any of your buddies has a scan tool that can see data. What if any power accessories work? Power windows? Power door locks? Dome lamps? Can a scan tool communicate with ECM, TCM, etc? Possible ignition switch?.....

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Power windows/door locks work, instrument panel lights up. Didnt check the display for any codes.. when i turn key to start dash goes blank.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Grounds are at back of driver side cylinder head. Than on driver side block front of engine. Also on pass side of block towards front. Then I believe at both front end frame mounts. As well as by driver door frame mount

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Doesnt appear that the dash display is reading anything from the ecm or tcm etc. Yesterday i could have sworn i seen a check break somethin. Havent seen it since.

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Also, pulled the neutral safety switch, in neutral seems to have resistance on two pins.. such a cluster of issues i would think its a ground. I will check in the am.

Canadaguy

Sean
Jan 20, 2017
Canada
Tried cycling the battery, removed positive touched to ground to clear. From what i could see the grounds look ok. Not entirely sure whT is going on. Does this sound like beutral safety switch? I get no crank, no wts light, nonpower to the edge tuner and no power to the stereo?