New used motor going in.........

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
After my truck being a toilet for 2+ yrs it was time to figure out why......:confused:

Tore it apart and found the intakes had oil in them...... turbo went back to II to see why. Figured while we had to wait on the turbo we should pull the heads, found that it had 1 blown HG, no cups came out with injectors..... also I have 2 pistons with the lips cracked... small cracks only on the lip but cracked none the less...... Going to put another stock LB7 back in it with my ARP studs, new HGs, new MAP sensor, refreshed S366, and 8 new injectors.... hopefully it runs good now!!!!

kking

~only stock for now~
Mar 20, 2013
Il
Hopefully I don't have to resort to this!! Mines been a pain for the past 8 months.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Justin's truck would probsbly still have made a 12second pass running like it did.. Trucks a freak!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
LOL it went 13.1 running like ass......... I hope it is good for a low 12 second pass once its back up and running???????
13.1 with a tailgate, tonneau cover, a bed full of junk, rock hard tires and get this.....the passenger headlight was still in.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
y2ehuteq.jpg

New used motor ^^^^

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
dangit boy!! That sucks but glad you found some issues and will have it running 100% again.

Hope it all goes smoothly

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I am happy that we found something things but man I could have built a decent motor with the money I spent chasing shit..... :(

You can still build a decent motor!! lol :hug:

That blows, but it happens. I guess it would have been better to just fail and be done at once than slowly go down hill leaving you chasing your tail.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
You can still build a decent motor!! lol :hug:

That blows, but it happens. I guess it would have been better to just fail and be done at once than slowly go down hill leaving you chasing your tail.

Maybe next summer???? I spent alot this year, bought a boat and a car..... now this motor job......

Yes I am glad we found some stuff, hopefully its over now.........til the rods make an appearance:eek:

:spit:

:spit:

What??? :)