Help: New trans throwing codes

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
Also it didn't just pop up right away though it would take a little while before it would throw the code. Maybe after 30 seconds in drive.

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
Do you have a diagram or know where i can get one because im going to try to do it myself tomorrow. Because i was looking in the instruction for the shift kit of the kit and cant find the e shift valve anywhere sorry for so many questions and thanks for all the help. I wish you were closer MikeL because my truck would have went to your shop.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Do you have a diagram or know where i can get one because im going to try to do it myself tomorrow. Because i was looking in the instruction for the shift kit of the kit and cant find the e shift valve anywhere sorry for so many questions and thanks for all the help. I wish you were closer MikeL because my truck would have went to your shop.

I hate to sound like the ass here, I can tell you are a nice and patient person but the guy that built your trans should be fixing it ASAP:eek:

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
So the e shift valve was stuck. Got it honed and the vb is back together just ran out of light. So I'll put the vb back in tomorrow.

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
I put the valve body back in Monday and did the same thing. We did not ream the hole. What size reamer do I need and where can I get one. Thanks

Power Shift

Apr 22, 2010
Utah
When i built mine my e shift valve also got stuck (frustrating after getting it all back together and having to take it back apart isn't it? :()

If i were you i would take the valve body back out and get some good cutting oil spray it in the valve bore and work it back and forth, making sure it slides freely (so it won't stick again). With mine the very last bit was the tightest, the very end (if you were to push it all the way in)of the valve would stick in the valve body and it took me a while to get it to freely slide. Don't sand the valve, just have patience and work it back and forth.

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
So I pulled the vb today and took it apart. First off all the orings were there. Sencond the valve wasn't stuck. So I pulled the valve out and cleaned it throughly. The valve was sticking a little when I put it in so I cleaned the bore a lol with a reamer. It slid right in. When I pit the spring and keeper back in I checked to make sure it moved back and forth freely with a pick. Moves freely now. So I put it back together and torques it to spec. Now I have to wait till the worming to put it back in the truck because I have to work all night now.

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
After I put it back in it was still sticking so I ordered a bore sizing tool. I just got done rebuilding it and it ran fine for about 5 mins came back to the shop and decided to go to the store. I hop in my truck and boom it's sticking again. I'm so tired of this truck.

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
sometimes you question why even bother right?

it jus makes it better in the end.. hang in there, you'll get it:thumb: