mike l have you seen this cobra

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Toyota is awesome. They moved production of several models to the US, while giving thousands jobs. Their vehicles arent the greatest, but the company is pretty good overall.

Hey props for moving some production here... But they build crap, 10-15 years ago hell yeah give me a tacoma or land cruiser even a camry but now... They cut corners worse then gm and they get away with it almost every time.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
A white hellcat next to your yellow cobra next to your neon green dmax colorado next to your pink dyed wool sheepeseseses

Just got word that the diesel Colorado will be an 8 speed in its second production year. If that's true, I will wait.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Not to get off topic but when is the 8 speed for the new Yukon Denali coming out, I want one for my wife. I've heard of some pretty high mpg claims...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Think I'm going to watch vanishing Point tonight.:thumb:
For you young guys that haven't seen this movie ( 1971 version) you don't know what you're missing.:D

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
And its a whopping 1 mpg improvement on the highway from the literature i have seen, but an ls with good exhaust going through 8 gears at wot would sound awesome.

OT How many speeds is the next allison?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
And its a whopping 1 mpg improvement on the highway from the literature i have seen, but an ls with good exhaust going through 8 gears at wot would sound awesome.

OT How many speeds is the next allison?

Wish I knew. I don't believe there will be an 8 speed Allison for our trucks. They will have to beef it up to take the 450 hp. They are not going to give us another O/D. If they did it would have to be a .51:eek:. So do we kick that in at 100mph?:rofl:
The trucks need the 3.10 first gear for loads and they won't be able to make a close ratio out of that. I think the next big thing will be in the torque converter. Maybe a 20 hp electric motor to enhance drivability.
Eventually the torque converter is going away, just don't know when. Allison has a hybrid trans for the motor homes. It has an electric motor in the front and another in the rear. They are using the same TCM as a 6L90 trans inside the pan.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
That is awsome i had never heard of the hybrid trans. I think that will be quite the improvement.

With the power ratings anymore i sit here and wonder how far they can go before the tc is obsolete...

Im curious what the max tow rating will be huge power from the factory plus huge gcwr is gonna be hard on parts

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
Only cobras that were good were the 03/04 cobra. Built motor from the factory forged pistons, manley rods, forged crank, iron block. Cars are nutty fast but once again like mist fords you have to do alot just less with the termi. Still have to upgrade fuel system ( pump, injectors) half shafts, tranny input shaft, cooling system, clutch, then throw a KB or a whipple twin screw blower and be at 600rwhp . Great car but heavy. I owned a 03 KB 2.2 termi 625rwhp car was a beast. Still ended up with a c5 z06 after that car. Just cant beat a chevy with a pushrod v8. Im a car enthusiast i like all kinds of cars. But chevy is my top choice. And nothing beats my 800rwhp lbz duramax!!!

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Only cobras that were good were the 03/04 cobra. Built motor from the factory forged pistons, manley rods, forged crank, iron block. Cars are nutty fast but once again like mist fords you have to do alot just less with the termi. Still have to upgrade fuel system ( pump, injectors) half shafts, tranny input shaft, cooling system, clutch, then throw a KB or a whipple twin screw blower and be at 600rwhp . Great car but heavy. I owned a 03 KB 2.2 termi 625rwhp car was a beast. Still ended up with a c5 z06 after that car. Just cant beat a chevy with a pushrod v8. Im a car enthusiast i like all kinds of cars. But chevy is my top choice. And nothing beats my 800rwhp lbz duramax!!!

Well of course not. The Z06 and Termi are entirely different classes of cars. Apple and oranges if you ask me. As for good affordable fast cars for average salaries you just can't the Terminator. A Z06 is an entirely different beast and I still regret passing on one for a great deal. Good choice on both!!!