Major issues. HG blown AND injectors??

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
How else do you get the FICM out of the way to get at the passenger side valve covers ?
I wanted to CHECK the return lines and CLEAN them, I couldn't do that by just taking out the banjo bolts to the injectors.
So , IMAO new seals are NEEDED for the FICM and ends of fuel return lines.
The alternative is to "go cheap" and reuse everything.

Not here to troll, just offering the O/P some tips to help understand what probably lays ahead.
I hadn't expected to have to defend my decisions and opinions against those who are here to nit pick my approach.
Sure, there are short cuts, mine is not the way of "Make do", although I believe in "reuse, return, recycle" as a principle.

Don't get me started on the question of ball end allen hex wrenches for the 46 5mm socket head bolts (-:
Those WILL burr them out.

We're your return lines dirty? I commend anyone for trying to help, however, you have preached proper diagnosis all while assuming what the OP "likely" needs to do.

I see this often when people have an issue with their personal truck and think that someone else must have the exact same issues.

Hard upper hose because it's frozen, even though the OP reports bubbling in the coolant reservoir.

Coolant loss "likely" the water pump, even though the OP reports bubbling in the reservoir.

It's real easy to dig yourself into a hole on this forum.

I agree with some of your suggestions, but only one with eyes on the truck who knows what they are doing can make a determination whether hoses etc. Need to be replaced.

I have worked on 03-04's with 100k that had them rotting off, as well as 01-02's with 300k that looked great.

Hopefully, all can agree that a proper diagnosis is what is needed before we start sweating the small, additional stuff.

ArrBee

Aug 12, 2010
We're your return lines dirty? I commend anyone for trying to help, however, you have preached proper diagnosis all while assuming what the OP "likely" needs to do.

I see this often when people have an issue with their personal truck and think that someone else must have the exact same issues.

Hard upper hose because it's frozen, even though the OP reports bubbling in the coolant reservoir.

Coolant loss "likely" the water pump, even though the OP reports bubbling in the reservoir.

It's real easy to dig yourself into a hole on this forum.

I agree with some of your suggestions, but only one with eyes on the truck who knows what they are doing can make a determination whether hoses etc. Need to be replaced.

I have worked on 03-04's with 100k that had them rotting off, as well as 01-02's with 300k that looked great.

Hopefully, all can agree that a proper diagnosis is what is needed before we start sweating the small, additional stuff.

No "preaching", just offering a little experience based suggestions.
I use "likely" in much the same way as I use "probably".
It indicates that there is some finite probability that my theorem fits, not a certainty.

Anyway, in reading other posts by the member that started this thread it appears that he has had that vehicle for a while - so we can only speculate (YES, I do that too) that he is aware of the dilution of the anti-freeze and the "likely" consequence(s).

Also, since there has been no update in a LONG time - I'll speculate that he has concluded that the repair costs exceed the value of the truck.

YES, speculation and guesswork - we do it here, it must be assumed and accepted that we cannot do conclusive diagnosis from afar - get over it.