Lowered Truck Pics

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Looks real good Ruben!!! Brian in the pic on page5 of my truck what lowering parts were on it? I think i want to set it back like it was in that picture? Was it just the spindles in the front without the lowering keys? Im thinking about pulling the lowering keys for stockers and adding the 1 leaf in the back. That should put me back arounf a 3/5 drop whatcha think bud:confused:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Looks good ruben.. U ever notice how the guys that are "still in the closet" talk the most sh!t?? :D

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
Looks real good Ruben!!! Brian in the pic on page5 of my truck what lowering parts were on it? I think i want to set it back like it was in that picture? Was it just the spindles in the front without the lowering keys? Im thinking about pulling the lowering keys for stockers and adding the 1 leaf in the back. That should put me back arounf a 3/5 drop whatcha think bud:confused:
I used just DJM LCA's and removed overloads and 2 leafs, left only 2 leafs in rear so I can still use my caltracs ;)

Looks good ruben.. U ever notice how the guys that are "still in the closet" talk the most sh!t?? :D

so true :roflmao:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Mark I honestly dont remember what I used for that height :( If you want to gain an inch up front, throw in stock keys all the way down. The fender/height difference from drop keys fully cranked to stock keys all the way down is 1/2" or so, meaning the stock keys will lift the truck a bit.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Do you know what brand roll pan you have on the slammed lbz? Anyone got a link of how to remove the overload spring or is it easy to figure out once i look at it?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
On my LBZ I used a Street Scene, bought form Ebay for like 130ish.

Gotta unload the rear suspension to pull the overloads, IE jack the truck by the pupkin till wheels are about a foot off the ground, place jackstands under the frame just in front of the fuel tank area and lower the truck donw till the tires touch the ground. Loosen lugnuts jack the rear end up a bit and pull the tires. Then let the jack down all the way and let the rear end sag under its own weight. Support the diff by the jack and give it a pump or two so it's somewhat neutral on the springs. I did each side seperately so I didnt have a rear end going bananas all over the place. The centering bolt in the middle of the speing pack is the most PITA more than anything, gotta holt he bottom of the and loosen the nut so it "seperates" the leafs. I pull all my leafs with the pack still bolted to the truck, but it could be easier if you pull the eye bolts and shackle and do it on the ground. I can knock one side out by my skinny ass self in about 25 mins. Its not hard, just time consuming. Overloads are 25 lbs a piece, and will show you whos boss if you dont hold em right :rofl:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
So theres a bolt that ties them all together once i remove the axle u bolts? Thats the part im fuzzy about, I havent had the leaf pack off in over a year so ive forgotten.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yep. :thumb: All the bolt in the middle is center all the leafs together so they dont slide apart whwn the trucks supension is unloaded.