Low Coolant light

Hired Gun

Nov 20, 2006
Milford, Kentucky
Mine was like that. I had a low coolant light. Then I added coolant. Could not find a leak. It happened again when I went to Louisville last week. It was a 80 mile trip one way. When I got the Principals conference, I noticed my skid pan was full of coolant and it was dripping on the pavement. I looked under the truck while running, and it was dripping real well off the differential. It was coming from my water pump. I am putting a new pump on tonight.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Hey MaxFarmer...I know you don't know Joey that well, but isn't it strange how he comes out of the closet once every few weeks and pretends to give a crap about his truck?...I still think I'm right!!!

http://www.mcratracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678

LMAO...You got it Chris...The OT out here at work is wearing my Ass down..The Truck sit's everyday during the work week do to the Sweet Honda I drive to work for the Fuel mileage..80 miles round trip. I do need to fix Leak though.. And I will when I see where it's leaking..Until then I guess Myself and the Truck will go back in our Closet until called upon...:D

Your Closet Whore
Joey

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Water pump here twice. Drive your truck hard or cover your radiator and get the truck up to 210 or better. Park the truck with it running and rev it. If there is water near the crank pulley, you probably have a leaky water pump seal.

I've driven 10,000mi with a leaky water pump on Blue. It is at no risk unless you forget to check your coolant once every 1000 miles.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I had 2 water pumps replaced and one was with the $100 deductable with high but less than 100K miles. The dealer mailed me back the $100 deductable a month later. They have sent my deductable back twice for different warranty work.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
So, look at our problem, the heater hose definetly didn't fix ours. Symptoms: Low Coolant light, all the time, smells like coolant, can't find a leak, unless it is pouring out of the overflow like it does sometimes when we refill it. Bad Head gasket? Most likely I guess, but feel from to chime in.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Mines water pump. Walked out to the garage and theres a pool of coolant out the pump down the garage and out and down the driveway to the street. Can see it visibly drip drip drip drip drip from bottom of water pump. That doesnt explain the loss out the overflow though...

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
No... Im pretty sure I have a gasket issue as well - seperate unrelated. Its still flowing out the overflow - this was just another more pressing issue. I still dont know what to do.... Ive been stripping the truck of all my parts all day, but my stock tune in and reset TAPs and the truck is driving and shifting beautiful, just that puddle is pisssing me off. Im going hunting for vehicles later at the dealers around and maybe tomorrow I can work a trade.

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
I am sure u guys know this already but just incase u dont i will threw this out there. It is much easiery to see where the leak is coming from if u have a blue light. If u have a blue light the antifrezze glows in the dark and u can spot the leak.