Let's see it Newly

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
You ran a 11.18 on slicks, stripped down and at low elevation. You cant even compair the two runs. Who are you to say what my goals are?? I think 11.8 is real good for being up in the clouds and being fully dressed... i was even bumping out to my 12" subs when i pulled up to the tree:D

Your still hung up on the purple powder coating?:rofl: Dont be sad that my motor looks 20 times bettter than yours and it will put down simular times to yours too:hello:

Yes I was on little cheater slicks and at my local track (14ft above sea level) and put forth the little bit of effort it takes to remove the tailgate and seats. My custom hidden hitch and roll pan weigh as much or more than the stock bumper and hitch they replaced. When you say stripped I think gutted interior, racing seat, 1 battery, no hitch, ect - not a 5 minute quick removal of seats and tailgate.

I'm not hung up on the purple powder coating, but I do prefer my smoothed out, shined up, and clear coated parts and the fact that I have done everything on my truck so I didn't have to paint it funny colors to get a better deal. My truck isn't the poster child for anyone else's engine or trans building or tuning abilities, so when I meet or exceed my goals it means more to me.

Anyway, since we have very similar builds I thought it would be fun for us to have an on going challenge to be the fastest. I want to see you back up your claims that yours will run my times and in the mean time I'll be busy getting into the 10s on fuel and waiting for you to catch up again.

I don't want this to turn into a big bashing thread back and forth, just some friendly competition between 2 guys with similarly built trucks. Wish I could come out to run against you and Ken, but I can't. Maybe next year we can make it to a somewhat centrally located event.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yup, that's the way you do it ...

:thumb:

Texas or Indiana has always been "The Place" to settle East vs. West grudge matches.

I will agree, removing parts that are simple to remove to get your weight down is just SOP in racing, and actually improves safety. As do racing tires. If you aren't making these kinds of changes with a fast truck, you are taking a bigger risk than necessary.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Dustin, why dont you race at 6k above seal level THEN call out newly? I dont get why there is so much dick measuring going on here. Newly races for fun; last time I checked, its fastest 50 dmax's not 50 fastest fuel only, who the F cares.

But what do I know, im still on my stock turbo. :rofl:

Hold your breath for another 3 weeks and you will see what it will run at 1200 feet here in AZ on 22's.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Dustin, why dont you race at 6k above seal level THEN call out newly? I dont get why there is so much dick measuring going on here. Newly races for fun; last time I checked, its fastest 50 dmax's not 50 fastest fuel only, who the F cares.

Hold your breath for another 3 weeks and you will see what it will run at 1200 feet here in AZ on 22's.

Take a chill pill cheech... Dustin was simply calling him out no need for Team Newly to get all involved.... This is just good smack talk.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC

Newly is the one trying to (and claiming he can) catch up to me - I'm not trying to catch up to his slow time. Why would I put 22s, subs, hard tonneau, and street tires on my truck then drive it so many miles to see "how slow it is"? Like you pointed out it's the 50 fastest Dmax's not the 50 fastest at 6K feet. Without racing at 6K feet above sea level I still know that my truck will outrun his. And I never mentioned fuel only, he can bring the spray - hell it'll make it more fun to beat him with the same size turbo on fuel only. Friendly competition is and always has been what keeps racing alive, if everyone got on here and patted Newly's back for running 11.8 on a fully built 3.0 truck what inspiration would he and Mike and ATS and all the other people that built his truck have to make it faster? I didn't even mention that we went faster on the shakedown passes from a low budget build with a bunch of used and stock parts thrown together and an A5K - pulled the tailgate and ran it on 265-75 generic worn out ATs on PYOs and still ran 11.5 @ 119, then 11.41 @ 120 with some tuning tweaks. He's less than half a second faster than Tom's stock turbo LB7 on fuel only. This isn't trash talk, it's me trying to get Newly and Mike to get the full potential out of his truck so I have someone to compare to since our builds are very similar. No more elevation and set-up excuses, get their sh*t together, set the truck up and race it - I don't care if you were "bumpin' the Backstreet Boys through your 12s and rollin' on duece dueces", I care how fast you went.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of seeing 13+ second trucks make the cover of Diesel Power when I know they have the parts to be running low 12s.

Last edited:

Builtlngbd

Aug 24, 2009
Newly is the one trying to (and claiming he can) catch up to me - I'm not trying to catch up to his slow time. Why would I put 22s, subs, hard tonneau, and street tires on my truck then drive it so many miles to see "how slow it is"? Like you pointed out it's the 50 fastest Dmax's not the 50 fastest at 6K feet. Without racing at 6K feet above sea level I still know that my truck will outrun his. And I never mentioned fuel only, he can bring the spray - hell it'll make it more fun to beat him with the same size turbo on fuel only. Friendly competition is and always has been what keeps racing alive, if everyone got on here and patted Newly's back for running 11.8 on a fully built 3.0 truck what inspiration would he and Mike and ATS and all the other people that built his truck have to make it faster? I didn't even mention that we went faster on the shakedown passes from a low budget build with a bunch of used and stock parts thrown together and an A5K - pulled the tailgate and ran it on 265-75 generic worn out ATs on PYOs and still ran 11.5 @ 119, then 11.41 @ 120 with some tuning tweaks. He's less than half a second faster than Tom's stock turbo LB7 on fuel only. This isn't trash talk, it's me trying to get Newly and Mike to get the full potential out of his truck so I have someone to compare to since our builds are very similar. No more elevation and set-up excuses, get their sh*t together, set the truck up and race it - I don't care if you were "bumpin' the Backstreet Boys through your 12s and rollin' on duece dueces", I care how fast you went.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of seeing 13+ second trucks make the cover of Diesel Power when I know they have the parts to be running low 12s.

well said!:thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Take a chill pill cheech... Dustin was simply calling him out no need for Team Newly to get all involved.... This is just good smack talk.

Im not pissed man, and im not team Newly, he could care less about all this callout BS... :thumb:

I understand what your saying, I know there is a lot left in his motor as he will be coming down to az to run at 1200 feet and a better prepped track. It has low 11's in it, just takes some time to get it there and dialed in correctly. Not everyone has the skill/luck to run low/mid 11's first time out.

Sorry i went off on you, but its getting old seeing all this shit talking to newly when he could care less about it.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
i think he stated that he wasnt talking shit:confused:

Twice actually - but to reiterate:

I am not trying to start another bashing thread or talk sh*t to Newly and his herd. Newly and I have VERY similar builds except for the color of our parts. I think they are good to compare to each other and that we can use friendly competition to keep pushing each other to go faster. I don't hate him or anything, and if we make it to the same event it would be fun to put on a show for everyone and line them up - but if not just trying to always out do each other's times will have to suffice.

BTW Honda, I must have alot of "luck" - although it hasn't come through for me on the lottery yet, but does seem to rub off on other trucks I have a hand in.:cool2:

Builtlngbd

Aug 24, 2009
Anywase its just a callout nothing more. Now lets see whats happens from here on out!:thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Twice actually - but to reiterate:

I am not trying to start another bashing thread or talk sh*t to Newly and his herd. Newly and I have VERY similar builds except for the color of our parts. I think they are good to compare to each other and that we can use friendly competition to keep pushing each other to go faster. I don't hate him or anything, and if we make it to the same event it would be fun to put on a show for everyone and line them up - but if not just trying to always out do each other's times will have to suffice.

Ya know..... you could of called me out , We have a lot of the same parts:D Even the same color.

Probably didnt because thats a long drive to meet in the middle.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I would consider running fast speed on 22s with our heavy trucks just dangerous. Not impressive, imo. Either way theres no handicaps for getting the fastest time, setup is just as important as power, so leave the excuses at home.:thumb:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
First, im not trying or said i wanted to catch up to you. Your nobody so why would i care what you do? Your truck is ugly and plain jane now that i finally looked at it. If you must know i didnt take all the parts off my truck or change my 22s cause i didnt feel like it. I knew i would run a 11 fully dressed way up in the clouds and thats what i wanted to do. I wanted to know what it runs on the street with the way i drive it everyday. I ran it one time then parked with a blown boot. "went to the track" is just a term. Actually, i went on a 1,000mi journey. Drove 450mi up to denver fri morning at 1am then drove another 450mi Albuquerque fri at 4pm , Sat morning i drove to the track then another 250mi more to my house. Albuquerque NM is three hours away and is 5,200ft but its the closest track around for me. Phoenix is the lowest around at 1200ft but its 7 hours away. I dont have slicks yet but i will soon. I was going to get them to race trent in Utah but the 2 week old kiddo comes first. Backstreet boys? Sorry man i dont listen to your boy bands. Yea, i did another shoot for DP magazine last Sat...so? Im not 13s or 12s anymore and hopefully not 11s much longer:D Why is it i need to explain why, when , where and who i race to everyone on this forum???

I didnt do it purple for a better deal. I did it cause i actualy like the color and i get along with the whole ATS crew.

Me, Mike and ATS dont need your help in anyway to get my truck down to where it runs at its potential:thumb: Got it?

Makes me tingle inside to know you are thinking of me so much you made a thread about me:)

You better get to the track and get that 10 before i do.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
I would consider running fast speed on 22s with our heavy trucks just dangerous. Not impressive, imo. Either way theres no handicaps for getting the fastest time, setup is just as important as power, so leave the excuses at home.:thumb:

Not a excuse! Its how i ran it and how i drove it to the track.

EXACTLY! No handicaps. When i go for my time ill strip it down and slick it up like everyone else does. I wasnt going for the FASTEST time. I was going for MY time on full street trim.

Mike simply posted up what i ran in street trim and where it was.

Cant you retards get that? I can draw some pictures and post them up for you little kids if you would like????