Lbz gauge cluster in lb7?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
is that a gas truck cluster? mine is older yes but it says diesel on the gauge. either way as long as it works it wouldn't matter, does the tow/haul light even work?

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
It said it was from an 06 diesel. It only has a 5k tac. The lbz gauges have a different redline for the tac. I'm pretty sure the gas clusters have a 6k or 7k tac. I haven't tried the tow haul yet. I'll try tonight on my way home from work.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Here's a picture from my original cluster. It doesn't save diesel at all also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 25

LSGUNSS

Jul 25, 2012
OP why didn't you just change the overlays? That way you wouldn't have to have it reprogrammed for the mileage and it would work 100% like it use to.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
It doesn't need reprogrammed... Mine came out of an lly and I just plugged her in and went. I guess if your mileage bothers you then you go spend money on it but why would it matter? Resale would be the only issue? 150 for a used cluster and then you reprogram it it will be just as much if not more than a rebuilt cluster...

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
OP why didn't you just change the overlays? That way you wouldn't have to have it reprogrammed for the mileage and it would work 100% like it use to.

The overlay for an lbz if different. They don't have a digital PRNDL like the lb7. I've yet to get it reprogrammed for the mileage. It doesn't bother me and I'm waiting for someone with a hookup threw the dealer before I do it. I lost all my connections the past few years from changing jobs.